What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whaaaaaaat!?

unzoosin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Itouch & ipad having some wifi connectivity issue. I knew it shouldn't have updated Apple should go on another update for it! :/ does anyone here have the same issue as mine? And what do you do to avoid it or only Apple can address to the prob.? Prior to the ios 5 update i've never experienced such issue.. Help will be much appreciated

Sent from my iPad using iPF

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What WiFi connectivity issues are you having. We would need to know that before we could see if anyone has the same issue.
Are you unable to see WiFi networks anymore?
Is it not able to connect at all?
Does it not accept the security password?
Does it connect but not pull an IP address?
Your post indicates you posted from your iPad using iPF. Does that mean that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Itouch & ipad having some wifi connectivity issue. I knew it shouldn't have updated Apple should go on another update for it! :/ does anyone here have the same issue as mine? And what do you do to avoid it or only Apple can address to the prob.? Prior to the ios 5 update i've never experienced such issue.. Help will be much appreciated

Sent from my iPad using iPF
Agreed, more info would help. In the meantime, if both of your iDevices are having issues, it sounds more like a network problem. FWIW my iPad and iPhone upgraded to iOS 5 (now iOS 5.0.1) had no Wi-Fi issues after the upgrade (or any upgrade for that matter). Millions of others are working fine, so again, it would seem to be something on your end.

Several things often help improve WiFi connections on the iPad. My first inclination would be to delete the network settings from your iDevices and set them up again as well as rebooting your router/modem, etc. Some or none of these tips may help, but without knowing more...

Simply shutting down apps and restarting the iPad can fix most issues.

Quit Apps: To quit an app double press the Home button and the Multitasking Tray will appear at the bottom of the screen revealing all of the open apps. Tap and hold any app icon until all of the icons start jiggling. A red circle with a "-" (minus sign) will appear in the upper left-hand corner of each icon. Tap the red circle and the app will close.

If that doesn't do it, try restarting the iPad and if that still doesn't do it try resetting it.

Restart the iPad: Press and hold down the Home button on the front of the iPad for few seconds until the red slider appears, slide this across to shut the iPad down. Restart the iPad by pressing the power button on the top until the Apple logo appears.

Reset the iPad: You can do this by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/wake button on the top the iPad's case and holding them down together for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. The iPad should then reset itself. The boot up process takes a few minutes and then the iPad should be responsive again. More here:

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

Distance from the Wi-Fi router can impact the signal as well as interference from other electronics including microwaves, wireless home phones, cell phones, etc. Walls and floors with metallic studs can have a negative impact on Wi-Fi signals as well. Sometimes moving the Wi-Fi modem/router closer to where you use the iPad most can help.

Another tip is to reboot your network and everything on it including your modem, router, etc. while your iPad is off. Turn your iPad back on and see if the connection has improved.

The iPad works best with the WPA or WPA2 security protocol. Setting the modem/router to WPA or WPA2 will often improve and stabilize Wi-Fi connections.

Lastly you can try deleting the network connection on your iPad and then go back and set it up again. Settings > Wi-Fi > tap on your network > Forget this Network.

Here's some more info if none of that works...

iPad: Issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/30525-checklist-troubleshooting-wi-fi-connection-problems.html

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-2-forum/38535-slowing-i-pad2-2.html#post291682

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

DarelRex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a serious WiFi connectivity issue with my MacBook, and it turned out to be the bluetooth trying to take over the connection. I turned off bluetooth and the problem went away. Don't know if the iPad has a similar issue.. :|

Most reactions

Latest posts