What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well ! The iPad-3 still can’t do this !!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
16:9 refers to the shape of the screen being much wider than it is tall.
4:3 the screen is slightly wider.

like others have said already, 16:9 is good for movies, but it makes everything else look silly.

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
16:9 refers to the shape of the screen being much wider than it is tall.
4:3 the screen is slightly wider.

like others have said already, 16:9 is good for movies, but it makes everything else look silly.

But just a quick thought !! Had that been the case Samsung which considers itself Apple's number 1 competition in Cellphones & Tablet Market would not have gone for it ?? If it was gonna cause their downfall especially when they wanna consolidate their position against Apple.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
But just a quick thought !! Had that been the case Samsung which considers itself Apple's number 1 competition in Cellphones & Tablet Market would not have gone for it ?? If it was gonna cause their downfall especially when they wanna consolidate their position against Apple.

Yeah and microsoft was making tablets long before apple as well.

Apple is just the one who has gotten it right.

I have held this 16:9 tablets and they just feel awkward. When you hold with two hands you can't reach all area's of the screen with your thumbs. The apps look stretched out....

One thing apple gets, that other companies dont is that its not about the numbers, its about the user experience. For example is just mind boggling how on paper tablets can have a far better processor then the iPad, yet in real time usage the iPad is smooth and fluid where the other tablet with supposed superier processor has times of sluggishness or jagged scrolling.

Last edited:
OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK Looks like my request was closed in the other post :rolleyes: that I made so putting it here again :)

Can any of you do this ? Transfer a FULL HD Video or Movie preferably a Blu-Ray Video/Movie and see how it plays on the iPad-3 and preferably also put a screenshot here or a video recording while the iPad-3 playing it. Without making any cropping to fit it into the size of iPad-3. Just transfer the video as it is, without any editing.

Rends

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still beliebe you havn' understand the technical Part of Full HD/BlueRay and what the iPad is capable of with the Retina Display?

With the New IPad you can watch Full HD Movies in Full HD Resolution and you will have Black Bars on Top and Down because of the better than HD Resolution AND 4:3 screen.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
augustya said:
OK Looks like my request was closed in the other post :rolleyes: that I made so putting it here again :)

Can any of you do this ? Transfer a FULL HD Video or Movie preferably a Blu-Ray Video/Movie and see how it plays on the iPad-3 and preferably also put a screenshot here or a video recording while the iPad-3 playing it. Without making any cropping to fit it into the size of iPad-3. Just transfer the video as it is, without any editing.

I did this already with a rip from an episode of fringe. The file was 6.6 GB with no compression added at 1080p resolution. It did not play well on iPad 3. I reported the in another thread last night.

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did this already with a rip from an episode of fringe. The file was 6.6 GB with no compression added at 1080p resolution. It did not play well on iPad 3. I reported the in another thread last night.
So the only way this thing could get running is Crop the video to fit in to the size of iPad-3 !

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
augustya said:
So the only way this thing could get running is Crop the video to fit in to the size of iPad-3 !

What? How did you reach that conclusion? That does not follow from what I wrote. For all I know the problem could be the av playerhd app I used to play the mkv file. The mkv file had no extra transcoding applied.

I also transferred a 1080p rip of real steel in m4v format. It played that flawlessly. The video had large bars on top and bottom due to aspect ratio of that movie and it would have bars on any android tablet too, and on most HDTVs that are on the market today.

Most reactions

Latest posts