Well known browsers not operating properly on new iPad

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Ed1944, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Ed1944

Ed1944
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    My iPad 10.2” tablet is less than a week old, and I love it. However, I’m trying to use 2 well known browsers that I use in my Windows machine, Brave and the new Edge. They both work fine in Windows 10, but are problematic in iPad OS.

Here’s the problem. I can’t get either browser to save login info. Brave browser has ‘save logins’ switch turned on and Edge doesn’t even show that option in ‘settings’ at all. I’m wondering why they should behave so differently on a different OS? I appreciate your help since saving logins is important for me. Thanks in advance. Ed

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Maybe there are bugs in the apps for those browsers that have not yet been fixed by the developer. Have you tried contacting the developers to see what they have to say?

3. Ed1944

Ed1944
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the suggestion, scifan57, I’ve been trying to get answers on a forum at Brave.com, but was having difficulty using their forum and have practically given up. I’ll keep trying other methods, but I appreciate your input.
    perhaps I’ll also try other browsers compatible with iPad OS, but am trying not to use Chrome for my own reasons.

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Out of curiosity, is there a particular reason you are not using Safari, and focused on third party browsers?

At any rate, iCab Mobile is one of the more powerful third party browsers on iOS. I also keep Puffin around for that rare site that insists on using older tech that isn’t iOS compatible (it runs the sites on a remote server).

But mostly I just use Safari. It works fine for almost everything.

5. Ed1944

Ed1944
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I’m trying Safari right now. I like that it offers to save login info. I do have a further question, though: is there a way to enable dark mode in Safari? I can do that easily with Brave. Thanks again.

6. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Safari’s dark mode is the same as turning it on for the iPad. It doesn’t do a lot thought. The UI turns dark, but the rest of the page still shows whatever the site normally does.

To quickly turn on Dark Mode you can ad it to the Control Center (pull down from the top right corner) under Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls. There are other Dark Mode settings in Settings > Display & Brightness.

iPad User Guide