Welcome to the new iPad Help section!

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by iDan, Apr 2, 2010.

1. rlee131

rlee131
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I just emailed, from my desktop a 19mb PDF file. When I tried to open the attachment on the iPad it says "to large to open.". Does anyone know if there is a way to open the document?
    Thanks

2. IpadOne

IpadOne
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Steven before i loose my temper and manner i will try to be clear ...

your question is like :

Why i need XP on my PC
    or
    Why the battery of my notebook can die

we explain you the process several time, you like, you dislike it's like this and we can't change it

3. cimousa

cimousa
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    iTunes is used to activate the iPad, just like the iPhone and iPod Touch. There is no real 'why'; that's just how Apple wants it and we have no choice but to oblige... or we wait until the next jailbreak comes out :D

4. IpadOne

IpadOne
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    the jailbreak is already come out :)

but i won't jailbreak mine as i experience badly the battery problem with my previous 3G

5. Studentuser

Studentuser
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Stevenflaugher, the thing about the iPad is that the only way to get it up and running is to connect it to a computer with iTunes on it. It syncs and registers you as an iTunes user which gets your iPad up and running. So you do need a computer to get started. But , the friendly folks at the Apple store can connect it to one of their computers and have it up and running there. You just need to register later.

6. stevenflaugher

stevenflaugher
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thank you for your very HELPFUL and valid suggestions and advice. I will do this!

7. IpadOne

IpadOne
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    ipad will not replace a computer

You want to replace a computer by a iPad, this will not work ... iPad can do many thing like a computer but not replace it and it's not made for that

iPad is more for consult that produce .... of course he have wonderful capacity but yet not the capacity to replace a computer ( i believe Apple will love to propose a tablet can fully replace a computer but this will not arrive with the iPad …..

ONE small example : a colleague want to give you a file in you can’t give him USB dongle and charge it in you’re iPad even you have 3G suppose he as a netbook and no wifi available he can’t even send you by email

example like this i can give you some hundred

8. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The best thing to do is go to a friend or family member and do the initial set up on itunes on their computer ie registration etc. After that you can access itunes direct It is a good idea once a month or earlier to go back and connect again so that the ipad is backed up if that makes sense

9. IpadOne

IpadOne
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Colin my one is on the way to my home ;-) (around 40 minutes max) what’s about you’re ?

10. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Several third party Apps can do it. Goodreader is I believe the best one and better still they have an ipad version
    goodiware.com :: products or search for goodreader in Apps itunes

This is from the itunes store description
    Congratulations! You've found the one and only Good Reader app for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad! If you need to read huge PDF, or TXT files, you've come to the right place. Faithful users of GoodReader have reported flawless performance with files over 1 gig in size; but that's only one of the many features that makes GoodReader the best app of its kind.

Cheers colin down under