What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the new iPad Help section!

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
B.Simco said:
just signed up and saw my question on google but how do i find the answers on the forum?
I specifically want to know how to download photos and music from my pc to my ipad 2. the user guide says to sync the ipad and the pc but when i plug in there are no directions and at my age it doesn't come instinctually. Help.

You need iTunes installed on the PC. It lists the music on your PC. If you don't see your music, click on File (at the top) and add a music folder to include in the iPad app. Alternatively, you can let iTunes search your entire PC for media folders and let it add them. You can decide which music to sync by putting a little check in the box next to it.

When you plug in your iPad, you will see your iPad listed on the left. Click on it and the screen will show different things on your iPad. Click on the music and photos tabs to select what you want sync'd -- folders, all, some, whatever you want. Press the 'Apply' option on the bottom right of the screen to sync.

HTH.

multibless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I sync ical from my imac to my ical on ipad?

My ipad has ical preloaded on it, right? I can't seem to get my ical from my imac to sync with it. What do I need to do? itunes will sync, and several other programs, but not my ical.

Please help.

srsue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help!

I got an iPad 2, love it but need some help. Not the iPads fault. My computer is an old iBook. 40gb. Not much room left on it. Not enough to back up the iPad. This will be solved with os5, but for now I want to delete the back up from my computer and only sync my photos. I have duplicate photos because I put them directly on the iPad from the camera. Then put them on my computer to edit. To remove the imports do they have to be done one by one? I have already removed all the games so save space. Once I get all the imports off I will be able to put the games back on the iPad & just not back it up. Have been to the apple store where I bought it twice and they are no help. Tell me things that are not accurate and are always in a hurry. Also I was told I could put pics on a sd card and using the camera connection kit transfer to iPad. That doesn't work, is it supposed to? Sorry for so many questions, just haven't been able to get answers.:)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my ipad 2 keypad wont print

Can you give us some more information? When you say your iPad2 keypad won't print, can you tell what printer you have and how it's connected to your iPad? I'm not entirely sure you necessarily mean that so, reading between the lines, do you mean that when you're typing on the iPad keyboard you cannot type into the message box at iPad Forum?

Let us know and we'll try and help. Also, it might be better to start a new thread next time because not many Members visit the Introductory thread.

But don't worry, we're here to help.

Tim

hkjones1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
migrating to new sync computer

I have an iPad2. Until now, I've been syncing to iTunes on a PC. However, I have just migrated to a Macbook Pro. I'm trying to sync my iPad2 to it for the first time. When connected, iTunes shows all of the apps on my iPad, but grayed out. If I try to sync, it wipes all the apps on the iPad. They're restored when I click that button. I'm also prompted to update, but I get the warning that my apps are not in my library and they'll be wiped out if I update!

So...what do I do? This doesn't seem to be covered anywhere I've found.

Would be grateful for any help. I do not want to have to keep using my PC!

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hkjones1 said:
I have an iPad2. Until now, I've been syncing to iTunes on a PC. However, I have just migrated to a Macbook Pro. I'm trying to sync my iPad2 to it for the first time. When connected, iTunes shows all of the apps on my iPad, but grayed out. If I try to sync, it wipes all the apps on the iPad. They're restored when I click that button. I'm also prompted to update, but I get the warning that my apps are not in my library and they'll be wiped out if I update!

So...what do I do? This doesn't seem to be covered anywhere I've found.

Would be grateful for any help. I do not want to have to keep using my PC!

From iTunes on the Mac, did you try File-Tranfer Purchases from iPod?

hkjones1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
got it

No, I didn't try that, but I finally got everything squared away. I needed to authorize the computer and then I needed to do something else (can't remember what the heck it was!), but then it all worked as it used to on the other computer. I think authorizing the computer was the main thing.

Thanks for your suggestion, though.

Sachmoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New ipad user after info please

Hello,

I have just got a ipad 1 Wifi and 3g, how can i use my ipad a home through wifi without using my 3g data plan?

Regards
Sachmoe

schnarfengrubler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sachmo, i only *do* wifi...canceled the verizon account since i don't go 'out' with my ipad...woulda preferred to get it with only wifi.
i don't play online, just my installed apps

Jakesmama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
volume icon in center of my ipad screen

We have an iPad it has 3G but we don't use that we use wifi. The day before yesterday my young son was playing on it and really screwed it up. When he gave it back there was an a white apple blinking on a black screen. I was sitting on the same couch with him while he played so I know he didn't drop it or anything. I was working on my laptop, I know next to nothing about the iPad. I was able to get the iPad working again by plugging it into the wall outlet, it said the battery was almost 100%. It was now in airplane mode, got rid of that and got it back on the network. The main problem we still have is a volume icon in the center of the screen most of the time. Another son, we have four, suggested taking off the case to rule out it may have been pinching the toggle button. We took it off but it didn't change anything. Looked thru these forums and took other suggestions of turning iPad off and back on, double clicking home button and swiping all the way left where we can see another of the same icon. The volume is turned all the way up, which we can live with however the icon in the center of the screen is a PITB. Ok so right this minute it isn't there but it has gone away for a short time before and then returned. We turned off notifications and reset the desktop which were other suggestions seen on the forums. In the time it took me to type that last sentence it showed up for a little while but now is gone again. So I'm thinking it is a hardware problem but I know so little about it I hope someone has some suggestions.
When I tried to post this from the ipad it said safari was not connected to the internet. I went into settings and it said not connected. I tried to get it connected again but so far no luck. In settings it says that the Wifi network is on and on the next page there are 2 fields highlighted in blue one says DCHP and the other one says HTTP Proxy is OFF. I have no idea what any of that means.
Also if we got this at Walmart last Christmas is it covered by a 1 year AppleCare warranty? Sorry for such a long post. Thanks

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jakesmama said:
We have an iPad it has 3G but we don't use that we use wifi. The day before yesterday my young son was playing on it and really screwed it up. When he gave it back there was an a white apple blinking on a black screen. I was sitting on the same couch with him while he played so I know he didn't drop it or anything. I was working on my laptop, I know next to nothing about the iPad. I was able to get the iPad working again by plugging it into the wall outlet, it said the battery was almost 100%. It was now in airplane mode, got rid of that and got it back on the network. The main problem we still have is a volume icon in the center of the screen most of the time. Another son, we have four, suggested taking off the case to rule out it may have been pinching the toggle button. We took it off but it didn't change anything. Looked thru these forums and took other suggestions of turning iPad off and back on, double clicking home button and swiping all the way left where we can see another of the same icon. The volume is turned all the way up, which we can live with however the icon in the center of the screen is a PITB. Ok so right this minute it isn't there but it has gone away for a short time before and then returned. We turned off notifications and reset the desktop which were other suggestions seen on the forums. In the time it took me to type that last sentence it showed up for a little while but now is gone again. So I'm thinking it is a hardware problem but I know so little about it I hope someone has some suggestions.
When I tried to post this from the ipad it said safari was not connected to the internet. I went into settings and it said not connected. I tried to get it connected again but so far no luck. In settings it says that the Wifi network is on and on the next page there are 2 fields highlighted in blue one says DCHP and the other one says HTTP Proxy is OFF. I have no idea what any of that means.
Also if we got this at Walmart last Christmas is it covered by a 1 year AppleCare warranty? Sorry for such a long post. Thanks

Go into apple.com/support and put in your iPad serial number. It will tell you warranty status. If under warranty, you can schedule a support callback for free and resolve the issue.

Jakesmama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks, i went to apple.com support
apparently the phone support is only for 90 days so we have to purchase an additional year of support which would include phone support. I hope to get some suggestions that can get me thru this from other ipad owners. Thanks again

schnarfengrubler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dchp on, http off....use the rocker button on the outside edge by the tiny round button to turn the sound off, then use the slider button in ipod to bring it up to the level you want. inform yer chilluns that the settings thingy is off limits. get MoonHD, look up Piccolomini, and you can see the dog footprint on the moon ;-)

my homepage is a cardboard sign, send money......

Most reactions

Latest posts