What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the iPad Air2 Forum!

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the latest addition of iPadForums.net dedicated to the upcoming/rumors iPad Air 2!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
5 more days and what is now rumor will be fact.:) I hope they allow pre-orders.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I wouldn't get my hopes too high. This may be an iPhone only event, with an iPad event (+Yosemite) to follow in October. I believe that was the pattern last year.

Some of the more savvy Apple bloggers are expecting it to pan out that way.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, my iPad is filling up. I have a 32 whatever iPad 3 and have filled it up with so many photos I had to delete my books yesterday. When is the next public announcement meeting of new iPads? Do we know yet? I desparately need a new iPad with more whatevers.

Bobbi

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Still expected sometime in October. Since it hasn't been announce yet, that would probably be the second half of October.

OS X Yosemite is now in it's GM (Gold Master) beta. That suggests it's all but ready, and it is expected to be announced along side any new iPads. That's what happened last year.

But, and it's a big but, we don't know. And we won't until Apple sets a date. Even then the event could surprise both in what it does and does not announce.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you, Twerppoet. As my grandmother always said. I should have a little patience but the older I get the less I have.
bobbi

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I'm assuming the announcement will be October 16th? I came in looking for information, but there's really not much. I've heard it's supposed to be a body change, which doesn't really flow with Apple's plan in the past. Normally they wait 2 years before changing the design. If they do change the design, what does that mean for us iPad Air owners? Probably not much, but it seams like we should get the 2 years on our design. Anyway, it's all just rumors right now, right?

metalcyclone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I'm assuming the announcement will be October 16th? I came in looking for information, but there's really not much. I've heard it's supposed to be a body change, which doesn't really flow with Apple's plan in the past. Normally they wait 2 years before changing the design. If they do change the design, what does that mean for us iPad Air owners? Probably not much, but it seams like we should get the 2 years on our design. Anyway, it's all just rumors right now, right?

I read that it's gonna be thinner and lighter... I hope that turns out to be true. I don't mind if they change the design this year even though I just bought the air. Upgrades are gonna happen, it's just how it goes. Still haven't decided if I will get the new one though...

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You know, if they didn't reduce the thickness they'd have an amazing battery life.

metalcyclone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's probably true... Not sure which I'd prefer now that I think about it. Lol. The Air is already pretty light but also gets pretty good battery life... I guess whatever they do is gonna be fine by me.

:)

Most reactions

Latest posts