Welcome to the iPad Air2 Forum!

Discussion in 'iPad Air 2 Forum' started by iDan, Sep 4, 2014.

1. iDan

iDan
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to the latest addition of iPadForums.net dedicated to the upcoming/rumors iPad Air 2!

2. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It's getting closer! :)

3. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    5 more days and what is now rumor will be fact.:) I hope they allow pre-orders.

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't get my hopes too high. This may be an iPhone only event, with an iPad event (+Yosemite) to follow in October. I believe that was the pattern last year.

Some of the more savvy Apple bloggers are expecting it to pan out that way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Bennettb

Bennettb
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ok, my iPad is filling up. I have a 32 whatever iPad 3 and have filled it up with so many photos I had to delete my books yesterday. When is the next public announcement meeting of new iPads? Do we know yet? I desparately need a new iPad with more whatevers.

Bobbi

6. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Still expected sometime in October. Since it hasn't been announce yet, that would probably be the second half of October.

OS X Yosemite is now in it's GM (Gold Master) beta. That suggests it's all but ready, and it is expected to be announced along side any new iPads. That's what happened last year.

But, and it's a big but, we don't know. And we won't until Apple sets a date. Even then the event could surprise both in what it does and does not announce.

7. Bennettb

Bennettb
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Thank you, Twerppoet. As my grandmother always said. I should have a little patience but the older I get the less I have.
    bobbi

8. Scottysize

Scottysize
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    So I'm assuming the announcement will be October 16th? I came in looking for information, but there's really not much. I've heard it's supposed to be a body change, which doesn't really flow with Apple's plan in the past. Normally they wait 2 years before changing the design. If they do change the design, what does that mean for us iPad Air owners? Probably not much, but it seams like we should get the 2 years on our design. Anyway, it's all just rumors right now, right?

9. metalcyclone

metalcyclone
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I read that it's gonna be thinner and lighter... I hope that turns out to be true. I don't mind if they change the design this year even though I just bought the air. Upgrades are gonna happen, it's just how it goes. Still haven't decided if I will get the new one though...

10. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You know, if they didn't reduce the thickness they'd have an amazing battery life.