What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the iPad 4 Forum!

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MILJAN said:
It's not the period of time,for new model, that matters..It is A5x "Hot potato" and Apple decision to replace it with better a6x. They know about the heating problem with a5x.Then they decided to change it like nothing happened. New iPad 4 will work in way that iPad3 should operate anyway.But iPad 3 was mistake.And Apple did not announce anything about Ipad4 release.That was mean 'cos I bought IPad 3, 12 days before iPad 4 release.

Are you an Apple employee? Otherwise, how do you know what the internal Apple decision making process would determine a mistake? The chip that is in my iPad 3 is the same chip that is in my iPad2. Neither of these models have displayed a "problem" of over heating.

Most everyone outside of Apple is calling it an iPad 4. Apple is not. When the iPad 3 came out it had no generational designation. Apple is migrating to its traditional one product line of introducing new product without a generational identifiers but a model number change. The iPad 2 is still available as a current product. Once Apple discontinues the iPad 2, you will only see the iPad Mini and the iPad.

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you an Apple employee? Otherwise, how do you know what the internal Apple decision making process would determine a mistake? The chip that is in my iPad 3 is the same chip that is in my iPad2. Neither of these models have displayed a "problem" of over heating.

Most everyone outside of Apple is calling it an iPad 4. Apple is not. When the iPad 3 came out it had no generational designation. Apple is migrating to its traditional one product line of introducing new product without a generational identifiers but a model number change. The iPad 2 is still available as a current product. Once Apple discontinues the iPad 2, you will only see the iPad Mini and the iPad.

On paper they are the same but they are not...
The silicon die size has increased drastically compared to the A5 at 165 mm2, 210% larger than the 53.3 mm2 die area of the original A4.......and .. it is not packaged together with the RAM like a5....so they are not the same stuff :)
A5x is much hotter..I know..I got ipad 3... 44 C on cpu area..Hard to hold when playing games..

Last edited:

ajcgn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MILJAN said:
It's not the period of time,for new model, that matters..It is A5x "Hot potato" and Apple decision to replace it with better a6x. They know about the heating problem with a5x.Then they decided to change it like nothing happened. New iPad 4 will work in way that iPad3 should operate anyway.But iPad 3 was mistake.And Apple did not announce anything about Ipad4 release.That was mean 'cos I bought IPad 3, 12 days before iPad 4 release.

Curious, don't you still have 2 days to return it? Unless you didn't get it from an Apple store.

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Curious, don't you still have 2 days to return it? Unless you didn't get it from an Apple store.

Nope..not in Apple store. :( but i manage to return it and now i am waiting for replace for ipad4.

Sonogal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like the only difference from gen3 to gen 4 is the chip and lightening connector, but they no longer have gen3 on their website to compare...
My model is mc707LL. I keep seeing references to mc707LL/A. does anyone know what the /A is?

kruzzz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like the only difference from gen3 to gen 4 is the chip and lightening connector, but they no longer have gen3 on their website to compare...
My model is mc707LL. I keep seeing references to mc707LL/A. does anyone know what the /A is?

It is not only chip and the connector different
1. Chip
2. Connector
3. Better wifi reception
4.Front HD camera improved
5. It comes LTE enabled
Its a lot of improvements here thats why we have so many people angry

Last edited:

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is not only chip and the connector different
1. Chip
2. Connector
3. Better wifi reception
4.Front HD camera improved
5. It comes LTE enabled
Its a lot of improvements here thats why we have so many people angry

Lightning connector it's nothing that is great and big in inovative way..
It's not better wifi connection.It is actually dual band option for those who have 5ghz band on AP.
Front HD camera: it's something better , but nothing special for my yahooooo scream
LTE doesn't mean nothing for us with only wifi model....
SO, NOTHING SPECIALY NEW... except new CPU who should be in Ipad3 instead "HOT POTATO" A5x.They are just correcting they mistake with a5x.

kruzzz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lightning connector it's nothing that is great and big in inovative way..
It's not better wifi connection.It is actually dual band option for those who have 5ghz band on AP.
Front HD camera: it's something better , but nothing special for my yahooooo scream
LTE doesn't mean nothing for us with only wifi model....
SO, NOTHING SPECIALY NEW... except new CPU who should be in Ipad3 instead "HOT POTATO" A5x.They are just correcting they mistake with a5x.

It is better wifi read some info in the news before posting
You might be using only wifi but there is a people who use cellular connection - so do not put masses in your pocket
Excuse me but from 0.3 to 1.3hd is something to me for front camera
Rejecting the innovation just because you bought ipad 3 is only your problem - dont place all behind your ego
And after all only the chip is enough
For upgrade since the price is the same

Last edited:

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kruzzz said:
It is better wifi read some info in the news before posting
You might be using only wifi but there is a people who use cellular connection - so do not put masses in your pocket
Excuse me but from 0.3 to 1.3hd is something to me for front camera
Rejecting the innovation just because you bought ipad 3 is only your problem - dont place all behind your ego

I am waiting for ipad 4(replacement)i do not have in my possesion ipad3.
wifi better?.covered with metal again? Lol..just keep on reading and keep the faith:)

kruzzz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am waiting for ipad 4(replacement)i do not have in my possesion ipad3.
wifi better?.covered with metal again? Lol..just keep on reading and keep the faith:)

Thats the important thing to keep the faith
Peace brother!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If iPad 3 runs that hot, maybe I should get one so I've got something to keep my hands warm in the middle of a Canadian winter.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

kruzzz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just be happy with your devices whatever they are

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts