What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the iPad 4 Forum!

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the latest addition of iPadForums.net dedicated to the all new, 4th generation, Apple iPad (iPad 4)! So who's getting one? :)

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
JohnnyApple said:
Didn't see this one coming, did ya! :)

Tell me about it! I was thinking, "maybe they'll just add a lightning port, it will be similar to the iPad 2,4 update" but I was not expecting this! Makes me wonder if there will be a new one in the spring, or if the iPad refreshes will become random in the future.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'll be skipping this model. I'll get an iPad mini, however.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, you guys did get caught off guard. The mini forum went up months ago! :)

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This really did not come as that big of a surprise to me. If you have been reading the rumor of the day a new iPad release was talked about with the new lightning
cable. The surprise was the new chip giving it double the speed. I was watching the live feed and decided right then I was getting the iPad 4. I have the original iPad and it has served me well. My plan was to get the 4 in the Spring, and I don't believe there will be another upgrade in March. I think they will now upgrade for the holiday season with their computer products. This old one will go to my partner to enjoy as he never has used on a regular basis. On Friday I'll be on line placing my order and eagerly awaiting the delivery on November 2. I'm very excited about this new iPad.

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shame on Apple! I just purchase ipad 3(12 days ago) and now they come with ipad4?Since i live in south Europe,in country without official Apple store, i cannot return this ipad and change for new one.In Apple official web adress they erase ipad 3,like it never exist.Check comparation on apple btw ipads. We have only ipad 1,2 and "new retina display ipad" to compare?no ipad3 there....
http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MILJAN said:
Shame on Apple! I just purchase ipad 3(12 days ago) and now they come with ipad4?Since i live in south Europe,in country without official Apple store, i cannot return this ipad and change for new one.In Apple official web adress they erase ipad 3,like it never exist.Check comparation on apple btw ipads. We have only ipad 1,2 and "new retina display ipad" to compare?no ipad3 there....
http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/

Welcome to the forum MILJAN. I've read all of your posts and I sense you are upset by Apple's "shameful" attempt to compete in the market place by offering this new iPad "4" three months earlier than what they usually have done in previous iPad generations.

I am not an Apple employee or anyone representing Apple, but I am in the same industry and I have always wondered why Apple did not use November or late October to introduce these products. Perhaps this new introduction is their migration to take advantage of this time period when most consumers are more inclined to buy stuff, versus early Spring/March when most consumers are just getting their credit card bills and realizing they over spent?

I can relate to your buyer's remorse. In May of this year, I was in Milano, Italy and bought this beautiful wallet. It had every thing I needed and wanted in my wallet and I paid full price: €550. A couple of months later I was on that company's website and saw the same wallet marked off by €100 and replaced by a new design. Shame on you Prada!

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not the period of time,for new model, that matters..It is A5x "Hot potato" and Apple decision to replace it with better a6x. They know about the heating problem with a5x.Then they decided to change it like nothing happened. New iPad 4 will work in way that iPad3 should operate anyway.But iPad 3 was mistake.And Apple did not announce anything about Ipad4 release.That was mean 'cos I bought IPad 3, 12 days before iPad 4 release.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts