What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to our original ipad owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

new2cinci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I just discovered some new iPad tricks & would like to share them.

1 Click Home button twice to get list of apps used recently (you can go back quickly to an application you were using or close some down).
2 Click Home button once if you're on a non-Home page and it will take you back to Home page.
3 Touch top right icon to go to the top of a web or text page.

Haven't figured out how to quickly get to bottom of page. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I just discovered some new iPad tricks & would like to share them.
1 *Click Home button twice to get list of apps used recently (you can go back quickly to an application you were using or close some down).*
2 *Click Home button once if you're on a non-Home page and it will take you back to Home page.*
3 *Touch top right icon to go to the top of a web or text page.*

Haven't figured out how to quickly get to bottom of page. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Welcome to the forum. It's good to "see" you and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Have a look at this bookmarklet thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/72353-guide-creating-safari-bookmarklets.html

The very first java script code is to set it up so you can scroll to the bottom of the page (in Safari). Maybe that'll do?

In addition, we have this huge Tips 'n' Tricks thread running here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html

It's a great thread to read - lots of neat tips in it...

Again, welcome.

Marilyn

dana123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice To Meet you

Hello everyone:)

I would like to say welcome to you first and want me to introduce with you all.We can share our ideas and help us a lot with this forum.

Thanks

malkeet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kurtwatson said:
thats good....we all should obey ipad forum ipad discussion

I want to know the configuration of my ipad, pl. let me know regarding the same

asha187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I own the first generation ipad... I have loved and enjoyed my ipad so much... Sadly I put my ipad on charge and when I went to grab it again and play with it to my surprise there was a hugh thick black stripe through the center of it... I have tried everything to find solutions on this even tried contacting apple, but for some reason living in New Zealand it costs a good amount of money just to speak to someone for help on a product they work for... It seems everything is money with these people is it not enough we pay a arm and a leg for the ipad and then on top of that more for apps and every game you get for free you can only get so far before your charged to get to the next level... I think apple is a rip off and am going for samsung now... Its funny how people all over the world are having this problem with the first ipad and instead of apple hooking up a reasonable solution for there first generation to keep it out there they want to see it vanish... Well careful apple because I think ul find alot of your customers vanishing with it... Kia ora...

Ashley...

afox2961

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I still used my i-pad 1. However, i'm having a lot of problems with some bugs. I always get the " debug your console " note.
I tried to get a suggestion to do just that. Any comments? angel

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I still used my i-pad 1. However, i'm having a lot of problems with some bugs. I always get the " debug your console " note. I tried to get a suggestion to do just that. Any comments? angel

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

These aren't bugs you are experiencing, this feature (Debug Console) is for Developer use only and you need not worry about it, unless you are a Dev.

I think you are just experiencing problems from a lack of ram on your iPad 1. Is your iPad crashing, in Safari perhaps? This is because of a lack of ram. The iPad 1 has only 256mb of ram compared to the ipad2 which has 512mb and the newer iPads which have 1 GB of ram. As apps are only getting bigger with advancing technology the iPad 1 will continue to struggle more and more to keep up. Any sites you may visit through Safari which are graphic intensive will cause crashes also, sites like Facebook in particular.

There are some steps you can take which will limit this happening as much and these steps will also free up ram.

Limit your location services to the apps you are using now. Settings - Privacy - Location Services

Close apps regularly (all apps in your multi task bar are using some ram, even though they are not running and closing them completely will free up this ram)

My apologies if you know already.......To close apps completely - From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen.

Go to Settings - Safari and Clear your History and also Clear your Cookies and Data. Safari retains bits of info from every site you visit.....if you would like to have a look first before clearing your History etc. go to Settings - Safari - Advanced - Website Data - Show All Sites. As you can see there's a lot there.

After doing this, it would be a good idea to do a reset of your iPad just to allow everything to settle in nicely. As you are probably aware, Apple have now ceased updates for the iPad 1 as it is really quite old now in technology terms and although it will still continue to be a great device for certain tasks, it may be time to upgrade to a newer iPad! :(

And again, apologies if you do know........Reset - Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

I do hope these steps help you.

pranav2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anyone know of a language translator (general or spanish) app that is available in the app store for free and can still be used with the ipad 1 which has a maximum software version of 5.1.1?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
anyone know of a language translator (general or spanish) app that is available in the app store for free and can still be used with the ipad 1 which has a maximum software version of 5.1.1?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) You're responding to an old thread that has not been posted to for a year and a half - you are unlikely to receive much attention - I would suggest starting a new thread in the same forum w/ a clearly stated title, such as 'Language Translator for iPad 1 on iOS 5.x' - good luck - Dave

pranav2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) You're responding to an old thread that has not been posted to for a year and a half - you are unlikely to receive much attention - I would suggest starting a new thread in the same forum w/ a clearly stated title, such as 'Language Translator for iPad 1 on iOS 5.x' - good luck - Dave

thanks for the advice.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello pranav2 and welcome to the forum:)
I see you took up giradman's helpful advice by opening up your own thread in the lPad 1 forum with the same question, and you have now received a response there. No doubt you'll post there to say whether that solution helped you.
We'll close this thread now as it has seen no activity for over a year and a half and it will conform with our rules as they do not allow posting the same question twice.
Enjoy the forum!
Andrew
~~~~~~~~~~~ THREAD CLOSED ~~~~~~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts