What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to me - Pastor Tony Marinelli

agm1111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have an Apple product 'yet' - but I may have an iPad tomorrow. I've been using the Samsung TAB 7, which I love, but Verizon pulled the SMS messaging out of the new 10.1 Tab. So, either way, I can't message/text from the iPad or the new Samsung. It's a big problem for me because I am mute and 50% blind, so texting is a big part of my life!! I am hoping that if I do buy the iPad, I'll be able to find some app that will allow me to text others using my 'real' phone number. A BIG problem. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good to see a man of God using the iPad. Welcome to the forums.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Tony.

It's going to be a real problem using your real phone number for texting using the iPad.

If you are in the US or Canada you can use Textplus, but that supplies you a phone number to use, so you don't get to use your own. It does allow group text chat which is useful.

Not sure about Google Voice, as that only works on the US, not Canada.

I'm out of ideas. Most of my other suggestions would use voice, which clearly is of no use to you.

Hope you can find what you are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
A

agm1111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you both for your 'welcome' and advice on texting with an iPad. i did see an app that I think will do the trick, but it's expensive (like $49/mth) for what I need. I'll keep looking -- and who knows, maybe I'll give up the necessity of using my real phone number - but it's a good one - MODERATOR EDIT - NO PHONE NUMBERS PLEASE. Who would want to give up using that number??
Blessings to all,
Pastor Tony

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions