What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome International members

torero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a) Where you are from : American living in Manila, the Philippines

b) Do you own an ipad if so what model: Not yet.

c) If you are going to buy an ipad if so what model: 64GB WiFi + 3G

d) When do you expect to receive your ipad if you are buying one: My order just changed status to "Prepared for Shipment" today --- to be shipped to a US forwarder on April 30, who will then rush-ship it to me

e) Are there any specific concerns you have relative to your country and Apple ipad or Apple in general? Trying to obtain an iPad as an early adopter is a b$%#h as several freight forwarder addresses delivering to the Philippines are now known by Apple --- it's the price to pay as an early overseas adopter, I guess

f) Do you own a stand alone Apple Macintosh or PC and what type that has itunes on it? iMac and Macbook Pro 17" both running iTunes 9.1.1 (time to update, folks!)

g) Which itunes store do you use? US store

h) Finally what would you like this forum to provide to you as an international member? Useful hints and tips; App reviews; workarounds and such

rperez12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a) Where you are from : Will be moving to Korea next month

b) Do you own an ipad if so what model: Planning on it but wanted more info before selecting model. Was hoping the 3G will work in Korea with local providers.

c) If you are going to buy an ipad if so what model: 64GB WiFi + 3G

d) When do you expect to receive your ipad if you are buying one: within the next few weeks.

e) Are there any specific concerns you have relative to your country and Apple ipad or Apple in general? Want to know if there are any restrictions for the iPad in Korea and wanted to know about the 3G coverage.

f) Do you own a stand alone Apple Macintosh or PC and what type that has itunes on it? I own a PC but my daughter owns a Macbook with latest itunes.

g) Which itunes store do you use? US store

h) Finally what would you like this forum to provide to you as an international member? Useful hints and tips; App reviews; workarounds and such

sirles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From Albury, NSW in Australia

a) Where you are from : (Australia, Albury NSW)
b) Do you own an ipad if so what model (Yep! 64 GB Wifi only)
c) If you are going to buy an ipad if so what model
d) When do you expect to receive your ipad if you are buying one (Got it yesterday..Fedex.A gift from my Mum.)
e) Are there any specific concerns you have relative to your country and Apple ipad or Apple in general that we may answer (Trying to authenticate the ipad to our wirless network which uses CISCO AP's.)
f) Do you own a stand alone Apple Macintosh or PC and what type that has itunes on it. (Own an iMac standalone and one on our network.)
g) Which itunes store do you use? ( Australia..but can't get access as of yet. )
h) Finally what would you like this forum to provide to you as an international member (information on aspects that may be in common about the use of the iPad in several environments.):)

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
a) Where you are from : Country, City
Switzerland
b) Do you own an ipad if so what model
Not yet :(
Probably 64 G 3G + Wifi depending on the price (unannounced still.)
d) When do you expect to receive your ipad if you are buying one
End of ... [insert Apple press release here]
I'm not going to go to the USA to buy one because I'm not going to give my address and I'm paying cash.

e) Are there any specific concerns you have relative to your country and Apple ipad or Apple in general that we may answer
Nope. When and how much would be nice - but you can't help with that.

f) Do you own a stand alone Apple Macintosh or PC and what type that has itunes on it.
Nope. PC
g) Which itunes store do you use? ( Country )
US and Switzerland (American living in Switzerland)
h) Finally what would you like this forum to provide to you as an international member
Nothing special - maybe a local sub-forum?

Zorban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!
Sweden, Stockholm

I placed an order for a 64gb 3G/wifi from US via a friend that should ship 7th of may and arrive here a few days after :)

see B

See B

e) Are there any specific concerns you have relative to your country and Apple ipad or Apple in general that we may answer
No not really. I have been reading the forums and following news. I do have the Iphoneand i know we have a great 3G network here compared to ATT ;) So I am just worried about the shipment and posible problems like DOA. Those would be hard to handle within the 2week return time.

f) Do you own a stand alone Apple Macintosh or PC and what type that has itunes on it.
iMac, iBook, Compaq mini.

Swedish but i'll use the us one with Giftcards for Movies and Series and some iBooks.

h) Finally what would you like this forum to provide to you as an international member
Help when needed, news and interesting discussions.

/Zorb

BFP_br

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a) Where you are from : Brasil
b) Do you own an ipad if so what model: WiFi 16GB

Patrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vancouver, Canada

Not yet

Pre-order for 64GB 3G model

Shipping June 7, arriving... who knows!?

Hmmm... don't think so.

Many PCs (Dell, Acer, Gateway, Asus), no Macs ... yet. Most of the PCs have iTunes installed.

Canada. Occasionally US when software isn't available through the local store.

Don't know if you folks can do this, but it would be great to somewhere have an "iPad Traveller's" database. This would be a quick reference for all things iPad that travellers would want to know. For each country it might include...
- Which Carriers support the iPad? Where are their web sites?
- How do you get a microSIM from them? Can you get it in advance of a trip, or are they only available in-country?
- What data plans are offered? Do you need a local credit card to purchase?
- Do you have to take out your pad when checking in at the airport, like you do with a laptop?
- Are there any special iPad considerations for that country (e.g., they were temporarily banned in Israel ... would have been nice to know this during that period had I been traveling there)?

marbledude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

a. Singapore
b. No, not yet
c. 16G Wifi
d. Don't know whether to wait for ipad in SG or buy from US
e. Concerns, yes, I don't think I can access ebooks from Singapore as long as my ISP indicates that I am here in Singapore. Can I when ipad is available in SG.
f. HP desk top
g. US itunes store

Thanks for the welcome!!

abriwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live near Lisbon, Portugal, Apple user since 1979! Currently use 13" G3 Powerbook, 15" G4 Powerbook, 20" iMac, 2Gb ram, 500Gb hd, 8Gb iPod Touch and Acer Aspire One (Linux cos Mr Jobs wont make a netbook) I wonder if the rumours of a 11.6" MBA will come true then I can get rid of the AAO.
Currently using latest iTunes on main machines.
Hoping to get 32Gb wifi iPad when I go to London at end of month

Last edited:

Krypty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
South Africa, near Johannesburg

Not Yet

32GB Wifi and 16GB Wifi for Dad

Before end July 2010

Our problem locally is all official Apple products that get released is US price + 45%
Our support locally is almost non existent and you rather take the risk importing without warranty.

This will be my first Apple product.

US, cannot use my CC from South Africa as Apple don't accept them so have to buy vouchers online.

iPaduaJoel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay! Here goes, first post...
a) A citizen of the Philippines living in Shanghai City, China
b) 16G First Generation iPad
c) ---
d) ---
e) Problem with purchasing Apps due to location
f) PC with regularly updated iTunes
g) Need advice and help, especially with purchases from App Store

robinslee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to Korea/iPad

from U.S. currently living in Seoul

iPad 64gb wifi. I'm told will not be released here only 3G.

Using U.S. store(I hope)

annoyed I cannot use Netflix and play Scrabble with friends in US:mad:

Excited about wifi here(fast and everywhere)

Anyone have info on Wibro? good/bad?

David Vice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
-Idar-oberstein, Germany
-16gb wifi
-I own a pc with iTunes
-iTunes (Germany)
-I just want to stay informed with the latest news for the iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts