What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird Grey white black lines across screen after digitizer replacement?

zboy17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I have a ipad 2 my brother gave me and the digitizer was demolished so I purchased a new one. When I went to install it I removed old digitizer with hear dryer removed screen. I unscrewed where the motherboard makes contact with power then I installed it then did a test on the screen to make sure everything is hooked up correctly. So I put pressure on the the motherboard where it makes contact to the battery pins and then clicked the home button. The screen had these strange grey lines that would move down the screen then disappear half way down. So I messed with the lcd cable and made a assumption that I must have broken the cable on acedent so I ordered a new one and tried it with a new one and had the same problem. I have checked and everything is hooked up corectly. Its not a complicated device. I build computers so this is very simple to me. I have fixed many ipad digitizers in the past

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It could be a problem with the replacement digitizer, if possible try another one to see if the problem persists.

OP
Z

zboy17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It could be a problem with the replacement digitizer, if possible try another one to see if the problem persists.
The screen would still turn on without the digitizer. Plus I don't even have the digitizer installed, The screen and digitizer have nothing to do with each other.

iZach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would wonder if you got the LCD too hot when heating to remove the digitizer.

Most reactions

Latest posts