What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird button in mail

beavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm not sure when it started exactly, but it won't go away. I'm talking about the little envelope with exclamation mark at the bottom of the mail column. I DO have a jb iPad 2. And a couple of mail tweaks installed, however nothing new has been installed/upgraded(to my knowledge at least) since this occurred. If I tap on the button, it brings me to the 2nd screenshot. . Any ideas?

JUST NOTED: SCREENSHOTS ARE IN THE WRONG ORDER. THE BLURRY ONE IS MAIN EMAIL PAGE. BLANK IS WHEN I CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE.

Attachments

• image-975894859.png
    image-975894859.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 267
  • image-1452381856.png
    image-1452381856.png
    208.7 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, first off, I'm going to move your post over to the Hacking section - cause that'll get jailbreak experienced eyes on your situation.

Second, I've never seen that before. What tweaks do you have loaded that might affect the Mail app? Maybe it's just telling you that you've got unread messages? Oh, and are you using POP or Exchange mail? That may make a difference.

Third (and completely OT) - what is that font you've got loaded? Me likes it and really wants it! It IS a BytaFont font, yeah. Please share the name? Thanks.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance with your problem. Hopefully, someone here [now] in the Hacking section may be able to help.

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it means you have a failed outbox (sent) message. Check the sent view of each of your accounts.

OP
B

beavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Second, I've never seen that before. What tweaks do you have loaded that might affect the Mail app? Maybe it's just telling you that you've got unread messages? Oh, and are you using POP or Exchange mail?

Third (and completely OT) - what is that font you've got loaded? Me likes it and really wants it! It IS a BytaFont font, yeah. Please share the name? Thanks.

Marilyn
- only tweaks mail related are 'pull to refresh' and 'split mail'
- ones hotmail, so what ever the default is for that. The other is an imap.
- there is no 'new' unread mail the ones mentioned in the second screen cap are too far back in history (09 and before) for the iPad.
- the font is "I hate comic sans" BytaFont? Me dunno. It works with font swap.

f4780y said:
I think it means you have a failed outbox (sent) message. Check the sent view of each of your accounts.
- for the IMAP account, because the mail is saved on the server (I think this is the reason) I cannot delete messages, and even my sent items are not saved. :S
- the hotmail one only has inbox and trash

I've refreshed, safe moded, turned off, rebooted, etc.
I don't think it's an extreme thing to wipe or even restore the iPad over. I've just been trying to work it out for weeks. May just have to keep living with it!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I have no clue. Oh ... maybe you can go to the server (via the web on a desktop/laptop) and check sent mail for each of your accounts that way?

Just grasping at straws here, because I've no idea either. :eek:

However, I do thank you for the name of the font. BTW, there is one available for BytaFont...

Marilyn

OP
B

beavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Sorry, but I have no clue. Oh ... maybe you can go to the server (via the web on a desktop/laptop) and check sent mail for each of your accounts that way?

Just grasping at straws here, because I've no idea either. :eek:

However, I do thank you for the name of the font. BTW, there is one available for BytaFont...

Marilyn

Woke up this morning, and poof, it's gone! Nothing updated, installed or deleted. Shrugs.
I blame the gremlins ;)

Attachments

• image-2110521710.png
    image-2110521710.png
    319.1 KB · Views: 207

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ain't computers wonderfully frustrating?! :cool:

Still - glad it's "fixed."

And yep, I'd blame the gremlins too (don't feed them after midnight!).

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts