What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Websites for streaming movies/tv to iPad?

skatealex2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know of any good streaming sites?

Besides hulu(which seems like a terrible service for what they charge) and netflix which is good but does not always have recent films/tv on demand.
that's one thing I def feel is missing with my device. A good free streaming site, whether it's apple approved or not doesn't matter. :ipad-keyboard:

Diane's iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes! This is my first Apple product. Love the ipad primarily as a reading device but am very disappointed about the tv viewing. I often watch TV programs on my pc after they have aired -- it is simple and convenient. But, with the ipad there is a fee for each program or you must subscribe for a fee through hulu -- don't understand this disadvantage. Thought the iPad would be convenient for travel for TV but seems not to be so.

robb25j

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I4iphones.info

Go there if u wanna watch any popular tv show are recent movie thats in the movie theatre and more

ctitanic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
ultramobilepc-tips.com
Yes! This is my first Apple product. Love the ipad primarily as a reading device but am very disappointed about the tv viewing. I often watch TV programs on my pc after they have aired -- it is simple and convenient. But, with the ipad there is a fee for each program or you must subscribe for a fee through hulu -- don't understand this disadvantage. Thought the iPad would be convenient for travel for TV but seems not to be so.

The only way to go around that is jailbreaking your iPad and installing a port of Flash in alpha stage (I think called Frash, I'm getting old and my memory fails me from time to time).

IGonz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Netflix and Slingplayer mostly.
Will use ABC player app. when the series V begins.

I'm satisfied.

No web based though.
Yet.

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The only way to go around that is jailbreaking your iPad and installing a port of Flash in alpha stage (I think called Frash, I'm getting old and my memory fails me from time to time).

Fresh only works with vector animated websites, not videos....and hulu would block you if you found a way to access it anyway. That's what they do.

ctitanic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
ultramobilepc-tips.com

Fresh only works with vector animated websites, not videos....and hulu would block you if you found a way to access it anyway. That's what they do.

I read that frash was not compatible with all sites but I did know which one. May be you have to change the Browser ID or user agent.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I read that frash was not compatible with all sites but I did know which one. May be you have to change the Browser ID or user agent.

No, it does not work with video....period.

And as for hulu, they block all operating systems that are not windows and mac. They even block some ISPs. If I tether with my delis I can't view videos in their app!! You would think a company that requires eyes to make a profit would welcome them on all types of screens, but they are very strict about how you can view their crap. Try watching hulu on ps3 without streaming it from a pc....hulu sucks.

Mindzai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just this week I was trying to find something that would stream American Horror Story on my iPad (for free) and was so frustrated! I typically use Netflix, ABC (free app), NBC (free app), and have tried Hulu+app. Nothing is exactly what I would like, but I'm hoping the networks will get smart and offer all of their programming for streaming. This was my biggest disappointment with the iPad, but little by little new things are added so maybe we'll get what we want eventually.

Sunshine_708

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For streaming tv
A Piracy Site
is really good for iPads. And
A Piracy Site
is really good for movies and tv but finding .mp4 links is a little harder. Both are completely free.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts