What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Website not showing phone numbers on ipad or iphone?

nataliecook

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to fix simple html code that displays a phone number but ipad and iphone will not display the numbers? :confused:

OP
N

nataliecook

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just need help

On my website in all browsers online...even safari the phone numbers show up for vendors...but on the ipad and the iphone they do not. Just wondering how to fix:

The code looks like this:

Office: (408) 676-1014

It is just simple text but the numbers don't/won't show up. UGH and help if anyone can.

OP
N

nataliecook

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I appreciate your help and looking at this.

Here is the site link : maharaniweddings.com/the_platinum_guide

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Ah, it is a problem in the coding. Your StyleSheets are changing the color of the phone numbers because the iOS devices want to add it to the contact list. I just highlighted and copy/pasted on the iPad and it shows up.

I dont know the fix for your site, but you may want to make the phone numbers a different style.

OP
N

nataliecook

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for helping....I gotta find a fix for this and hopefully it is in the css style sheet. do you know anywhere else to find a developer that might know how to change the css file because thats a one page fix....it seems it should be possible.

cjlis1975

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you found a fix to this problem? I am in the same boat as you. My wife and I created a site for our business and we cannot view our contact numbers from an ipod touch or iphone.

justsimpleweb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem in a few sites that I have built. Everything looks fine in all Browsers on main computer, but numbers do not appear in Ipad.

I also note that Ipad sometimes shows lines between Div Tag's in web site, this is not showing in anything else.

WebSavvyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know the solution. Email me at the address on my website websavvystudio.com with your site address and I'll try to help you out.

lrivera1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fix for iPad iPhone not showing styled phone numbers on sites.

Here is the solution. Add this inside the head of the document just after the title.
<meta name = "format-detection" content = "telephone=no">

snapsize

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Change the color of the link in your CSS file

All you need to do to fix this is change the link color for that particular link not showing up. For some reason, even though you global link state is declared, the iPad seems to default the phone number link colors to white.

Most reactions

Latest posts