1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Webmail

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by madam, Jun 7, 2011.

1. madam

madam iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I cannot scroll down through my webmail messages on my iPad 2. The first 6 or 7 come up but no scroll bar to move down. Is there something I need to change to be able to view these?
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    To scroll on web pages where there's a 'page within a page' you need to use the two-finger scroll gesture. Instead of scrolling with a single finger (which moves the entire page) use two fingers at the same time - I use the first and second finger - lightly touch the screen in the message area with the two fingers and drag the message up or down with both fingers. It takes a bit of practice at first to get it right - I used to end up doing something completely unintended, such as zooming the screen or something equally not needed.

The two finger gesture 'tells' the iPad that you want to just move the text area of the message rather than the entire screen.

If you have any further problems with this, don't hesitate to get back in touch with us.

Tim