What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webcam

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use the iPod version of Skype on the iPad but, of course, there's no support for video! The iPad has a built-in microphone, or you can use a headset (wired or Bluetooth) with a microphone. The iPad 2 is rumoured to have a web cam....

Tim
Scotland

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yall late. Shype already released new version of skype that allows u to video chat on ipad. The catch is that the video is only one way. Meaning u can see the other person but not vs. Versa. Since ipad doesnt have cam. U can still talk at the same time thru it. Ive already tested and confirmed it wrks well on fast connection speeds. Try it out n make sure to download and install latest ver. Of skype.

Wala17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
Yall late. Shype already released new version of skype that allows u to video chat on ipad. The catch is that the video is only one way. Meaning u can see the other person but not vs. Versa. Since ipad doesnt have cam. U can still talk at the same time thru it. Ive already tested and confirmed it wrks well on fast connection speeds. Try it out n make sure to download and install latest ver. Of skype.

How can i receive video in skype ?? , i dont know how to do it can you explain me or something? Im desperate , thanks in advance

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
Yall late. Shype already released new version of that allows u to video chat on ipad. The catch is that the video is only one way. Meaning u can see the other person but not vs. Versa. Since ipad doesnt have cam. U can still talk at the same time thru it. Ive already tested and confirmed it wrks well on fast connection speeds. Try it out n make sure to download and install latest ver. Of skype.

How can i receive video in skype ?? , i dont know how to do it can you explain me or something? Im desperate , thanks in advance

All someone has to do is video call u. Ibe already tested n comfirmed. My mom with her laptop and 56k modem was able to video call me on my ipad. Of course she couldnt see me, since ipsd has no cam, but i could see n hear her. She could hear me. I have high speed wireless connection for my ipad thru wifi. As long as u have the latest version of skype, u should be able to video call. Someone has to video call n u accept for it to work. Nothing special or extra needs to be done thru settings. I think u can press the button to video call the person urself also. When u do, their cam will pop up on ipad screen. Slow internet connections will slow up or delay but should still work.

Jewels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
All someone has to do is video call u. Ibe already tested n comfirmed. My mom with her laptop and 56k modem was able to video call me on my ipad. Of course she couldnt see me, since ipsd has no cam, but i could see n hear her. She could hear me. I have high speed wireless connection for my ipad thru wifi. As long as u have the latest version of skype, u should be able to video call. Someone has to video call n u accept for it to work. Nothing special or extra needs to be done thru settings. I think u can press the button to video call the person urself also. When u do, their cam will pop up on ipad screen. Slow internet connections will slow up or delay but should still work.

Would the same thing work with the Tango App that is available ?

Sofya S

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I donwload the icam...will the video work in skype...?

Bigtime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know when a app will be out that dose MSN video chat? With iPad 2 and cams cannot believe that we don't have one yet..? Skype, Yahoo, Gmail, (no MSN) or a third party app that dose all video chat?

Most reactions

Latest posts