1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

WebApp and External link

Discussion in 'iPad Development' started by mciani, Dec 20, 2010.

1. mciani

mciani iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,

I'm trying to develop a simple app using PhoneGap and JQTouch. I think I did most of what I was trying to achieve, but I'm struggling with a strange (?) behavior of external links.

In few words, I have the following code within my apps:

<div id="forms">
    <div class="toolbar">
    <h1>Forms</h1>
    <a href="#" class="back">Back</a>
    </div>
    <div>
    <iframe src="link to external site" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%"> </iframe>
    </div>
    </div>

In Safari on my Mac it looks great, I have a frame containing google, everything embedded into the webapp.

If I load it into XCode, with the Phonegap template and build into the simulator, the frame is shown, but it's empty.

If I include the page into the DIV, with the EMBED or OBJECT, it works perfectly on Safari, but in the simulator the application will go in background and Safari is invoked...

Is anyone aware of a way to use either frames or any other way to include an external page into a webapp not allowing Safari to be invoked and remain in the app?

Thanks for your ideas!

Marco
  2. mciani

mciani iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to bump... no one has any idea?