What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Web viewing question...

Spag_187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I tried to find this answer in previous threads, but no luck. My question... is there a setting or other possible way to view website in their full version? Meaning, several website I visit only offer a downscaled "mobile" version page to view on the iPad. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They often automatically default to mobile/tablet versions however, the better sites generally have a small link on the page to allow you to go to the full site. In addition, there are alternative browsers which can be set to fool the site into thinking that this is not a mobile device, I believe icab is one such browser.

The Archangel

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, iCap is a fantastic browser (in context, of course). The settings variety is bewildering, which does indeed include a setting to ID the browser as about anything you want. The default is to say that it is mobile Safari.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't edit on this app... and excuse me for the "iCab" misspelling.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bingoldsby said:
Can't edit on this app... and excuse me for the "iCab" misspelling.

If you are using the IPF app you can edit by touching the blue down arrow on the post header then touch edit.

The Archangel

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also some browsers have problems if they are set to a Windows IE or non-mobile browser. If you're trying to use iCab then you can't enter text into the Message box if the browser type is set to a non-mobile type. Have a look at the iCab FAQ and there's a very clear explanation there of why this is the case. It's an iOS issue.

Tim

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on editing... apprecate knowing that part.

Most reactions

Latest posts