What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Web site access

john berryman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

I am in Australia, and there are a few Internet sites I cannot connect to.
For example, V8 Supercars or any of their links.

This seems to be a very peculiar individual site issue.
Any ideas on a setting I might be able to switch to address the problem.

Croc Chungwee

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all

I am in Australia, and there are a few Internet sites I cannot connect to.
For example, V8 Supercars or any of their links.

This seems to be a very peculiar individual site issue.
Any ideas on a setting I might be able to switch to address the problem.

Croc Chungwee

Hi John. I'm from Adelaide myself where we just finished the well-known "Clipsal 500†V8 Supercar race series. Is that something like you are referring to? Or can you be more specific about "V8 Supercars"?
The link below I just got by simply googling. Not sure you need any settings, and I'd be surprised if there is any app for it.

http://www.clipsal500.com.au/

Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
J

john berryman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Andrew

My problem is that my iPad seems to be blocking the main V8 Supercars site.
I had access before, but for some reason iPad now keeps saying that connection to the site is lost.
Thought there my be some setting, I am new to iPad.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Andrew

My problem is that my iPad seems to be blocking the main V8 Supercars site.
I had access before, but for some reason iPad now keeps saying that connection to the site is lost.
Thought there my be some setting, I am new to iPad.

I don't follow that sport these days, John, so I can see my answer could have been more helpful. I googled "v8 supercars" and got this link. http://www.v8supercars.com.au/ If this is the site, I had no trouble getting to it via the link.

I see there is a free app in the App Store. "V8 supercars 2013â€. If you are using that, or any other app, and you mean you can no longer access that site through that app, this could be a solution, the only one I can suggest:)

An often known cure for any app that acts a bit "funny" is to tidy up RAM. Double press the home button and all the apps you have still hanging around in RAM will appear on the task bar, bottom row. Hold down on any one of them and they will all start to wiggle. Tap the minus sign on all those apps to rid them out of RAM. (You won't lose any app you have downloaded). Then restart your iPad.

Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts