web based email and opening attachments on ipad mini

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by NJMom130, Apr 26, 2013.

1. NJMom130

NJMom130 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use a a website called Windows Web Hosting ASP.NET Coldfusion MX Web Hosting. I am unable to open any attachments when on my Ipad. Can you explain what I need to do. I recently received two emails; one sent pictures in JPEG and one sent a word doc attached. I was unable to open either one.

Any suggestions were be appreciated.

Nancy

2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,018 / 1
    Web mail can be done so many ways. There is no guarantee that your provider's sote will work 100% with the iPad. If available, you should probably see if you can use POP3 or IMAP to connect with the through he Mail app. Check their support pages for iPhone and/or other mobile device setup options.

Other than that:

Try tapping and holding on the link to see if a contextual menu shows up with Open In options.

You'll need an app compatible with the document type for this to work. If you want a general app that will organize and view (not edit) most file types, GoodReader is about the closest thing to file management app available for the iPad.

If Open in Safar is the only option, then do that. Once the document downloads into Safari, tap in the middle of the screen for Sharing and Open In options at the top right.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013