What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather.com

nateccnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like to use the weather maps in motion at weather.com. I have to make decisions on canceling classes due to weather and use those maps to predict what the weather will do over the next 5 to 10 hours. I just found out that those motion maps are in flash. Had to run home and log into my laptop and make the call just now.

Are there any other good sources of weather in motion maps of the quality that weather.com uses? I would not even know where to start. I've been using weather.com for so many years it never occured to me to locate another source.

Nate

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Weatherbug
2. The Weather Channel
3. My Radar
4. RadarScope (professional)
5. Intellicast HD

I am with Civil Emergency Management and use the later two for most occasions.

All have animation and hourly forecasts.

Last edited:
OP
nateccnn

nateccnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh...shot...never thought about looking for an app. I've just been using the browser and running into flash sites. Intelligent HD is pretty nice. Thanks fornthe tips.

Nate

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks SBHOKC for the Intellicast HD. That one looks cool. I just downloaded it!

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problem, glad I could help. Intellicast is one of my favorites for the computer as well as my iPad. Plus it's free!

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out "WunderMap" from the weather underground. If I see a storm approaching my house on WunderMap, I can go outside and see it coming. It appears to update every minute or so when a storm is approaching.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problem, glad I could help. Intellicast is one of my favorites for the computer as well as my iPad. Plus it's free!

Yeah-I noticed that it was free too of course! I was perusing my forecast all up and down for like ten minutes last night! Love how it even describes the moon phase!

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out "WunderMap" from the weather underground. If I see a storm approaching my house on WunderMap, I can go outside and see it coming. It appears to update every minute or so when a storm is approaching.

Oh cool! I just downloaded that one too. Thanks!

Most reactions