What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weak 3g signal on Globe using the new iPad.

sam2caps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When i'm using My unit on cellular,using a Globe prepaid sim, and it can't connect to the 3g network.It's always on gprs, even though i know I'm near a laptop using Globe's 3g stick and has 3-4 bars of 3g signal. Ive tried it on different spots here in Manila, at home, UN taft corner, at España near UST, all there and the ipad was still on gprs. It was only 'til i was at Boni High Street in taguig, that the 3g sign went up.

Yes, i've changed the APN settings to http.globe.com.ph since the default one(internet.globe.com.ph) was said to be only available for postpaid users.

I have been trying to find ways on how to fix It, reboot, reset network settings, restore, and still none seem to work. I even went to a globe branch for support, and they Also couldn't help me.

So, is there a fix? Is it a common problem? Or is it with the carrier?

p.s. no problems with the wi-fi though.

Most reactions

Latest posts