We need a 7 inch Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by harlaquin, Aug 7, 2011.

1. graywolf

graywolf
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    I agree.

2. USBill

USBill
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Didn't Mr Jobs already say there would be no 7" iPad because the form factor was "dead on arrival"?

I thought he was right until I got my Blackberry Playbook. Turns out it's a great size for on the go.

---
    - Posted with TapaTalk for iPhone

3. graywolf

graywolf
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Squinting at webpages and it doesn't even fit in your pocket. :D

4. harlaquin

harlaquin
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thank you all for your input. I waited till now to respond because I wanted to see everyone's replies. I see my wording of my op upset a few of you. let me clarify. I would like a 7 inch ipad :) I find the size for my needs to be more useful the 10 inch for me is too big. it just becomes uncomfortable after a while of tring to hold it. and you look kinda silly walking around or tring to drive with a 12 inch block as a nav tool. LOL.

The phones are too small I have larger fingers and the tiny 3 and 4 inch screens just don't cut it typing is heck on them.

Several of you pointed to the playbook as an example of why 7 inch tabs fail..... NO it is failing because of its software not its size the software sucks unless your a blackberry fan.

The 7 inch samsung has done well again because of its software.

I also said in my op that apple was losing ground. let me clarify my statement.

as an individual yes no other tab can touch the sales numbers of the ipad. but as a whole android has all ready taken over the top spot in the phone os market and is not to far from being top dog in the tab market as well.

Reason I believe is variety.

Dont get me wrong I am not attacking apple products I own them too.

Just I feel some of apples "choices" they give us are a bit motivated by their pockets instead of their wanting to please us.

Main gripe no sd card slot. They force us to pay hundreds more for a few bucks worth of ram. giving those of us who want more room no choice but to buy over priced higher capacity ipads. where android gives thier customers sd card slots so they can have the same and even more memory for a few bucks compared to hundreds.

anyway like I said at first I would just like a 7 inch ipad with an sdcard slot and usb. and I just think that once it would get out it would sell just fine.

again thank you all for your input to my first post on the forums.

5. oberkc

oberkc
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    The PURPOSE of ALL corporations is to make money. Hopefully, the METHOD employed to meet the purpose is to please us. I don't see these two motivations as exclusive.

6. thewitt

thewitt
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I don't know where these sales figures come from that give Android a lead over iOS devices. Current figures are iPads outselling all Android devices two to one.

On the iPhone front, Android holds 9% market share compared to 17% for iPhone and 18% for RIM.

The sensationalism comes from sales growth reports, not sales reports.

When someone reports that Android sales were up 159% compared to iPhone sales up only 11% the numbers sound like Android is winning. In reality the sales numbers are so small that Android devices would need to see 3000% growth in order to just match iPhone sales. Percent growth is a very misleading number when you are comparing small total sales numbers to large total sales numbers.

Apple is clearly the market leader in both spaces at this time, and have predominantly made the right decisions on their product offerings. Time will tell if this continues, but for now they are doing just fine - even without a 7" iPad.

-t

7. biller007

biller007
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I don't think it would kill apple to put in a sd card slot. It would give ppl more selection.

8. akaroads

akaroads
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The picture is a 3D iPad. It's supposed to have depth of field going into the background, not out.

Sent from my iPad 32/3G using iPF

9. Mountainbikermark

Mountainbikermark
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Agreed
    When a corporation meets peoples expectations and desires the filling of the pockets with huge profits usually takes care of itself. Look at Apple quarterly figures for examples. With every "whim" that a few may demand comes trade offs. If Apple changed its methodology to please a vast minority it would chance losing the majority that are at least content with the product as is.
    In 2 years we can have this conversation again with a probable different set of numbers but right now Apple is The big dog in the pack and is suing everyone else for everything but the sunrise over South Korea (I wonder how much we the consumer are having tacked onto the price of our ipad to pay lawyer fees to stop the Tab from launching in Europe and Australia? I guarantee they ain't eating it from their profits) to ensure it remains so on top of its large head start in the tablet world and an os that is clearly desirable to the masses.

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

10. graywolf

graywolf
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Right. It's not like adding a cd drive or anything.