What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We need a 7 inch Ipad

harlaquin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really we do I like the ipad but hate the size. I hate to say but I bought an android 7 inch pad and use it more because of the size. the 10 inch ipad is just to big to lug around everyday.

Now ad usb,sdcard slot,and hdmi out and apple will plow android under.

as is now they are losing ground.

No reason to not ad usb or sd card slot. I think htier reson was for securing the ipad but lot of good that did they were hacked within weeks anyway.

Reaction score
There was another thread about this not long ago and the consensus was there never will be a 7" ipad because there won't be a large enough market for it.
Later this month/early next month Samsung will be releasing their 8.9" tablet which might be a nice alternative for those that desire less than the girth of a 10" tablet but , like me, find 7" too phone like in screen size
Though the wording of the op seems rantish, I'd hardly call it spam

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

AceOfThumbs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the only reason for a smaller iPad would be to make it lighter. I don't think anyone wants a smaller screen. The iPad 2 is a bit lighter, but still gets heavy if you have to hold it for a long time. There's only so much they can do though. The weight of the glass, metal and electronics adds up.

I think the better solution is to just get some kind of stand for your iPad so you don't have to hold it all of the time. I use a Lapworks Riser. The iPad snaps in easily and then I can tilt, angle and raise it to whatever position works best. I can even lay back and watch a movie in bed hands free.

Actually, I might even like a bigger iPad if they could make it around the same weight as the iPad 2.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There was another thread about this not long ago and the consensus was there never will be a 7" ipad because there won't be a large enough market for it........

Yep, the opening comments sounded familiar to me - there was another almost identical thread not too long ago if the OP cares to search - ;)

akaroads

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to Samsung's specs the Galaxy 10.1 display sports a 1280 x 800 screen resolution and the Apple iPad has a 1024 x 768 screen resolution which makes the Galaxy's display wider or taller depending on orientation. I prefer the iPad 4 x 3 aspect ratio as apposed to the wide screen displays of most of the other tablets on the market. Even with Galaxy's larger screen, Apple still has the best overall pad out there, IMHO. I'm sure bigger, better, faster pads and tablets will proliferate in the future so the race is on. This can only be good for the consumer.

Sent from my iPad 32/3G using iPF

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get yourself a smartphone to use for your more portable needs.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try the blackberry playbook. You will see that it's nice to carry around, but the screen is just too small for a tablet.

pastan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you heard of the galaxy tab 2? They say it looks like an ipad already.. Also comes with aluminum material at the back and almost the same size as an ipad.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really we do I like the ipad but hate the size. I hate to say but I bought an android 7 inch pad and use it more because of the size. the 10 inch ipad is just to big to lug around everyday.

Now ad usb,sdcard slot,and hdmi out and apple will plow android under.

as is now they are losing ground.

No reason to not ad usb or sd card slot. I think htier reson was for securing the ipad but lot of good that did they were hacked within weeks anyway.

No you don't . Just look at the disastrous blackberry play book.

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We don't need a 7 inch iPad. If you want small use your phone. They seem to be getting bigger anyway. iPhone 5 is rumoured to have larger screen

sent from iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts