What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Way to search for a book on I-store?

george everyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have an Ipad and I would like to know if you can search for a specific book from Istore without having an Ipad? For example, it's very easy to know if there is a specific book for the Kindle and the Nook by going to their web sites, but i can't find a similar site for Ipad.

Link/s appreciated.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, buying books from Apple can only be done on an Apple mobile device (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad). There was a rumor at one time that Apple was working on a desktop app, but so far, it is still just a rumor.

OP
G

george everyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok thanks

Thanks for the answer which I suspected. The reason I asked is that I wrote an ebook and 'published' it on Smashwords.com and they send it to all the various I stores. I can see it on the desktop ap for the nook and the kindle etc but I don't have a clue how it looks (format wise) on Ibooks, or if it's even there, for sure.

OP
G

george everyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
title

Thanks Brad and it's:

"I'm George, mwm, 52"

any help appreciated.

OP
G

george everyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again Brad. Indie e-publishing is in its infancy right now and it doesn't help that there are so many different formats. I would guess that in a few years, or maybe less, writers will be able to e-publish, and readers will be able to download, across one simple platform.

ryanz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone..
I want to ask where is ibook store in my ipad?
So sory before because iam really newbie in ipad.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ryanz said:
Hello everyone..
I want to ask where is ibook store in my ipad?
So sory before because iam really newbie in ipad.

You need to download "iBooks" from the app store and then launch it.

Then click on "store" in the far left hand corner

ryanz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gunny008 said:
You need to download "iBooks" from the app store and then launch it.

Then click on "store" in the far left hand corner

Owh, thanks gunny008
:)

Scrawny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
punzhupuzzles.wordpress.com
I don't have an Ipad and I would like to know if you can search for a specific book from Istore without having an Ipad? ...
Link/s appreciated.

Here's a link to an easy online search tool for ibooks on Apple anywhere in the world:
[h=2]Find a Book on Apple iBookstore[/h] Enter an ISBN, then click "Create links". A link will be created for each of the listed countries.

Oh crap. I need to post another post before I can include link. So this will be it. Link will be in next post.

Scrawny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
punzhupuzzles.wordpress.com
Find a Book on Apple iBookstore

Enter an ISBN, then click "Create links". A link will be created for each of the listed countries.

Click here and enter an ISBN, then click "Create Links".

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Forum Rules. No external links.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions