1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Waterproof bags?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by marty1990, Jul 23, 2012.

1. marty1990

marty1990 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey there.

I've just ordered a Belkin folio case for my iPad, and am now looking at bags since I'm going to be taking my iPad to and from university, and since I use public transport, a bag that's waterproof would be nice to have. So far, I've only seen the clear waterproof bags such as;

Waterproof Case for the new Apple iPad 3 - iPad 2 - iPad - Tablet PC - Blue: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I don't particularly want one like that, and after looking online I see some bags are 'water resistant'. Would these be enough to withstand a heavy downpour of rain?

I've also considering purchasing a sleeve that's water resistant, in which I can place my iPad that will already be in the Belkin cover. I can then put all that in a messenger bag, but dunno if that would be protected enough from the elements? I've seen this sleeve;

DURAGADGET Black Water And Impact Resistant Memory Foam: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Anyone got any ideas what I can use/what you use? I doubt I'd need to take my power adapter and stuff to uni, it would most likely just be my iPad and stylus.

Thanks.
  2. Asharp

Asharp iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    First, I bought a water resistant sleeve that looked professional but ended up being a disaster that fortunately only ruined the look of my leather SmartCover but not my iPad 2.

Then, after first testing It, I now use an . . . ahem . . . Hefty OneZip gallon freezer bag.

It fits perfectly and my iPad 2‘s in a Grove bamboo case. I got the idea from another member in a similar thread in this forum. Initially, I started using it until I could decide on something more aesthetically pleasing, but after 5 months, I haven't felt motivated to get anything fancier, especially since I only use it on rainy days.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  3. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    I have four or five Timbuk2 messenger bags that are water resistant. I've been caught in a couple of tropical downpours and all my stuff inside has stayed dry. I keep my iPad in a sleeve that's not water resistant inside the Timbuk2s, along with cell phone, etc. No prob.