What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watching TV Shows and Movies

doublesixes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
from the countless free sites that stream all of the good TV shows and movies for free.
I travel a lot and the only way to watch the content I mentioned from most places abroad is by using a regular computer or an Android tablet, of which I have 2. The question is: can any iPad product stream effectively and efficiently any Flash content from those sites?
Is there a proven and simple way to allow the iPad to successfully access those Flash sites (free-tv-video, for example)?
Thanks in advance

PS. I'm really wanting the iPad Mini for my traveling but it must run Flash

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
doublesixes said:
from the countless free sites that stream all of the good TV shows and movies for free.
I travel a lot and the only way to watch the content I mentioned from most places abroad is by using a regular computer or an Android tablet, of which I have 2. The question is: can any iPad product stream effectively and efficiently any Flash content from those sites?
Is there a proven and simple way to allow the iPad to successfully access those Flash sites (free-tv-video, for example)?
Thanks in advance

PS. I'm really wanting the iPad Mini for my traveling but it must run Flash

I'm afraid that no iPad nor any other iOS device runs Flash, nor will they in the future. Even the latest version of the Android OS, doesn't support Flash. This thread will explain the situation.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/54703-flash-ipad.html

There are various apps available that will convert Flash content into a form that can be displayed on the iPad. Several are recommended in the link I posted.

Last edited:
OP
doublesixes

doublesixes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks scifan for the fast response. Great link you provided with useful info.
I will take the gamble and get the iPad Mini just because is so cute and perhaps, by using those tools provided in the link, I will be able to watch the content I'm talking about.

Flash is obsolete, flawed and not supported in the latest Android devices but it's free to download from the Adobe site and it's the only game in town for most of those streaming sites. It's working fine on my Nexus 10 tablet, which by default doesn't support Flash. But I still want the iPad Mini because there's a definite niche for a small, high quality tab, especially for traveling.

Most reactions

Latest posts