What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watching TV Shows and iTunes Charges vs. PC Question

Panama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very strange thing.....I wanted to watch a TV episode that I missed which was a season finale. Tried to open the CBS show links with iPad2 and no matter what I used it kept trying to get me to a clip that would take me to iTunes and pay $2.99 for the program as best as I could tell. Had my wife try it with her PC laptop....She went to CBS site and could watch the complete program free. She sent me a link by email and I tired the link on my iPad and it STILL took me to the pay site. So I opened my PC laptop and went to my email with it and it took me to the site and I could watch the program for free on the PC laptop.......

Two things --- one is that you might be paying for stuff on iPad that is free from PC because of iTunes. I could be wrong because I am not a junkie and I just use the iPad for a few tasks.....Another thing....Does Apple block you from seeing a free program if they have it on iTunes where you have to pay.

Is there something I was doing or have I made a mistake or is Apple trying to block the free access?

Thanks for answers or advice or enlightenment.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Very strange thing.....I wanted to watch a TV episode that I missed which was a season finale. Tried to open the CBS show links with iPad2 and no matter what I used it kept trying to get me to a clip that would take me to iTunes and pay $2.99 for the program as best as I could tell. Had my wife try it with her PC laptop....She went to CBS site and could watch the complete program free. She sent me a link by email and I tired the link on my iPad and it STILL took me to the pay site. So I opened my PC laptop and went to my email with it and it took me to the site and I could watch the program for free on the PC laptop.......

Two things --- one is that you might be paying for stuff on iPad that is free from PC because of iTunes. I could be wrong because I am not a junkie and I just use the iPad for a few tasks.....Another thing....Does Apple block you from seeing a free program if they have it on iTunes where you have to pay.

Is there something I was doing or have I made a mistake or is Apple trying to block the free access?

Thanks for answers or advice or enlightenment.

Cbs website requires flash to view the videos. Ipad doesn't have flash natively therefore you cannot watch it on the ipad. You can however choose to purchase the show from itunes and apple informs you of such

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
Panama

Panama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Freebird. I am learning all the time. Glad I still have my laptop PC. Is there a way to circumvent this shortcoming that Apple has and avoid having to buy it from iTunes? Once again....I am not a junkie and there is a LOT I don't know about iPad and iTunes....I use my laptop PC a lot still. My wife commented that it was thing like this that make her shy away from Apple stuff.

Most reactions

Latest posts