What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watching radio on iPad air

dottydally

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My father likes to watch the live studio cam whilst listening to bbc radio 5 live. Am I to understand thst this is not possible with apple devices
He has just purchased the iPad air
Is there any way round this
Thanks x

OP
D

dottydally

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It won't work on his iPad or my iPhone. Is it something to do with flash player ? Thanks

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It won't work on his iPad or my iPhone. Is it something to do with flash player ? Thanks
Ah, Flash, yes....
The iPad and all other iOS devices do not support Flash. There is no Flash player app. There are, however, several browser apps that will convert Flash content to a form that will play on the iPad. Recommendations of those browsers and why iOS devices do not support Flash can be found in this thread. http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/54704-flash-ipad.html
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

OP
D

dottydally

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You would think a corporation as large as the bbc would have a way if listeners being able to watch the live studio cam. :(

OP
D

dottydally

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't see anything. I have messaged them but no response :(

geoffgudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like your father, I too like to listen to Radio 5 Live and view the webcam. Here's the thing . . . up to about the middle of 2014 it was not available on ios devices (ipad/iphone) due to the flash support issue. Then it became available, some R5 program presenters even made a point of saying you can now watch us on your ipad/iphone. But a week or so into January 2015 IOS support appears to have been dropped from R5 videocams. I can watch it on my PC/Laptop. Tried googling to find out why? or whether it is a temporary issue. Also looked on the BBC help webpages, but it appears to be a 'non-subject'. My guess is that it costs them money, that they now do not want to spend.

OP
D

dottydally

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes he did insist he had wStched it before. I messaged the show and the bbc but no response ! :(

Kieran2001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can use the app on the appstore called "radio player" so you can listen to all the radios you like. please be aware you require a radio license to be paid to the bbc still. (correct me if i'm wrong)

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Kieran, I think you'll find that although you need a licence to watch live broadcast TV, you haven't had to have a licence for radio for a number of years now.

Most reactions

Latest posts