What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watching Netflix in vehicle through IPad?

Diesel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right section so please move if not.

Anyhow, I've got a 2010 Ford F150 that has a built in navigation system and USB port. Now I can plug my IPad up and play music but I'm wondering if I can watch Netflix on my truck's system using my IPad. So far when I attempt this, all I get is audio on my truck system and the video on the IPad switches to a generic Netflix screen. I want to use the truck since it has a really good sound system...plus surround sound when watching DVDs.

Thanks for any help,

Diesel

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may be wrong (it wouldn't be the first time) but I don't think this will work from the ipad.

I haven't really spent any time on this as I watch NetFlix, DVD rips, SlingBox Live TV etc in my killer truck video system with awesome sound using the HDMI out from my DroidX phone.

I have also wondered if it would work from my ipad2, I may try to find a way to do that this weekend if I have time.

OP
Diesel

Diesel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jmorton10 said:
I may be wrong (it wouldn't be the first time) but I don't think this will work from the ipad.

I haven't really spent any time on this as I watch NetFlix, DVD rips, SlingBox Live TV etc in my killer truck video system with awesome sound using the HDMI out from my DroidX phone.

I have also wondered if it would work from my ipad2, I may try to find a way to do that this weekend if I have time.

You're probably right but let me know if you find anything out.

Most reactions

Latest posts