What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watching movies etc

Zsara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When watching documentaries or shows on two different apps (ABC AND HBO to GO) my IPAD1 will turn off from the app return to the app page and I will have to start over or try to relocate my place I was viewing. To attempt to problem solve myself I made sure my battery was fully charged. That didn't stop it from occurring. This didn't happen before and I am wondering why it seems to be happening more frequently and what might I do to correct it? I like watching programs on my IPAD. I was also wondering if i have too many apps.....Any feedback would be appreciated.

Zsara

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How long has it been since you restarted you're iPad? First make sure to close all apps (double click the home button, then press and hold an app until they wiggle, tap the minus sign on each).

To restart, hold the power button down until the power slide appears, turn it off and wait a bit, then turn it back on by pressing the power button again.

If the apps still crash, try a reboot.

To reboot, hold the power button and home button down together and hold them down until the apple appears, then wait a few minutes this time. You should be all set after that.

After a while the iPad can get "clogged up" and these methods can clear it up. I do a restart or reboot occasionally when things start to act a little screwy.

Last edited:
OP
Z

Zsara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I didn't realize that rebooting is something to do periodically when the IPAD starts acting up. I did the reboot and watched my program without interruptions. Thanks again! Love this forum!

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're welcome, glad it worked! I've learned tons of stuff from the great members here. If you don't already have it, check out the iPad forum app, Discussions For iPad, in the app store. It's one of my most used!

Cheers! :)

Most reactions