What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watching live tv on my ipad2

pammie1951

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just been on a four hour train journey and tried to watch live tv. However I could not load adobe flash player. Can anybody let me know how to watch live tv. Many thanks to anybody who can assist.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad does not support Flash, so you cannot load the Adobe Flash Player. If you want to watch live TV then you'll need to load a dedicated app - in the UK the BBC iPlayer app, or Channel 4's 4oD will work fine.

Tim

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are also some websites which support live TV streaming without using flash......what country are you in?

The Archangel

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess the train could have WiFi, but if it was 3G you'd be lucky to maintain connectivity sufficiently well to be able to watch live TV - and you'd need 3G (HSDPA) as opposed to EDGE or GPRS.

Tim

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pammie1951 said:
I have just been on a four hour train journey and tried to watch live tv. However I could not load adobe flash player. Can anybody let me know how to watch live tv. Many thanks to anybody who can assist.

iPad TVCatchUp.com

It's not an app, it's a website, iPad browser enabled and allows you to watch live TV broadcasts on the Freeview network (assuming you're in the UK). If not, sorry.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

bubblecraft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not really related to TV on the iPad (though gets round your Flash problem) download iswifter from app store. Great for flash sites. I use it to update my website & also lets the kids play Moshimonsters. Not as fast as safari & sometimes can be a little pixelated but handy for when you need it. You could try it for TV.

Sent from my iPad or iPhone 4 using iPF

Most reactions