What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

watch live TV on ipad

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the uk we have tvcatchup.com which is really a web app, much like BBC iplayer, but it allows you to watch UK freeview digital channels.

Sky Sports too - so I can keep an eye on the footie whilst 'watching' TV with my wife ;)

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you don't live in the US, there are plenty of options.

[Screen shot of Zattoo]

I tried to find this in iTunes but no go....

Sorry, that one is Switzerland only. I meant to say that for some reason, the USA is incredibly closed on this theme, but outside the US you find lots of options (says a proud American living abroad)

nitng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well it sound great to watch TV on ipad but I think watchin on LED or LCD is much better :)

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
nitng said:
Well it sound great to watch TV on ipad but I think watchin on LED or LCD is much better :)

I agree. Watching stuff on the iPad is great when that's your only option or when traveling. But, ill take my giant plasma and surround sound system to really get into a movie or TV show. It's not even close.

Guitar4Him

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Slingbox HD at home connected to a Time-Warner DVR. For several years I've been able to watch TV from it on my laptops, Android phones, Android Tablets and iPad. From the Slingplayer apps, you can completely control the DVR. It's an amazing device...highly recommend.

Most reactions

Latest posts