What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

watch live TV on ipad

andy1111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i think watching live TV on ipad must be wonderful experience.

but i still do not watch live TV on my iPad. here is a report about watching tv on ipad.

Last edited by a moderator:

allrady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
maybe you can watch tv outside ,but at home i like watch live tv from tvset.:D

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If sling would get off their asses and make a proper iPad app you could use a slingbox with any service.

I use the iPhone app on my iPad...but its just not the same as the desktop app, which is what the iPad app should be exactly like!

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you don't live in the US, there are plenty of options.

7ce6b405.png

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If sling would get off their asses and make a proper iPad app you could use a slingbox with any service.

I use the iPhone app on my iPad...but its just not the same as the desktop app, which is what the iPad app should be exactly like!

I have a Slingbox too and I'm starting to get p.o. with Sling. What's taking so long?:mad:

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I keep noticing is how they say "FIOS customers will be able to...", as though you will have to be a FIOS home customer to get the mobile service.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess the question is how bad do you really want to watch TV?

I subscribe to a specialty soccer channel. You don't get it everywhere. I use a Slingbox to get access to it from my tv to the web, just about anywhere. The Slingbox also allows you to change channels remotely...

xlar54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chexk out tversity. stream video and music to your ipad. the pro version lets you stream hulu and more

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess the question is how bad do you really want to watch TV?

I work on feature film vfx...which means I sit in different studios all the time and work on footage with no sound.....I like to use my iPad to entertain me while working. Sling is good...but I really want a real version. I use netflix daily tho. I tried Hulu but I couldn't justify $10/month when there are more commercials than the website that is free....and netflix is $8 with no commercials.

mbradeis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would not mind buying the Sling iPhone app, if I knew you would not have to pay for iPad app IF (big IF at this point!) and when they finally release it! I have contacted them with no results, to find out if it would be an upgrade or would have to buy new app.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the uk we have tvcatchup.com which is really a web app, much like BBC iplayer, but it allows you to watch UK freeview digital channels.

Most reactions

Latest posts