What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watch FLASH Videos On Your iPhone, iPod Touch, And iPad

ChochoD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most of the TV live streams require flash player. So Frash is not good for that. The main reason I want flash is to able to watch live TV streams and other videos which require flash player.

ChochoD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why do we all make excuses for the lack of flash on the iPad..? this would be an INCREDIBLE device but it lacks one thing, FLASH. Now, yell and say HTML5 is coming out, use log me in, or something else... but WHY?

When a good substitute comes out, im selling my iPad unless someone develops some kind of flash software for this device. The shame is, i love it but it just doesnt do what i want it too without flash.

Personally, i think Mr. Steve is just throwing his weight around with this.

Abslolutely right said! All the netbooks have flash! Most of the phones too! HTML 5 is still quite new. Most of the videos require flash players! HTML 5 is great but still 80% ot the web videos require flash players. There are just a few html 5 ready sites! So 80% of the web for a dozen of sites is quite a bad decision!

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For streaming video, I can understand the argument.

But I hear quite a few people saying it's because Apple doesn't want you to be able to play Flash games because that would hurt sales in the App Store. Now my question is, what Flash games could you actually play on the iPad?

I play a game called Jungle Jewel a lot. However, I didn't know the app was of a Flash game that's apparently quite popular on Facebook until people started coming up to tell me.

Do I wish the iPad did Flash? Sure. I also wish my M Coupe have the V10 used in the M5. Neither does, and I knew that going in. When did it become socially acceptable to cry over spilt milk?

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, yes, but that app was converted from Flash and optimized for touch screens. Much like they did with many of the games on the AppStore. But playing a Facebook game on Facebook would be impossible on the iPad without an attached keyboard and mouse.

dsulvett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For streaming video, I can understand the argument.

But I hear quite a few people saying it's because Apple doesn't want you to be able to play Flash games because that would hurt sales in the App Store. Now my question is, what Flash games could you actually play on the iPad?

I play a game called Jungle Jewel a lot. However, I didn't know the app was of a Flash game that's apparently quite popular on Facebook until people started coming up to tell me.

Do I wish the iPad did Flash? Sure. I also wish my M Coupe have the V10 used in the M5. Neither does, and I knew that going in. When did it become socially acceptable to cry over spilt milk?
Ahhhhh another Apple luNatic that can't see the reality of all of it. Apple is great long live steve jobs! Pllllllease! My LS460 HAS 380 hp. And I paid 80k for that. Like I said....when a substitute comes out that is good....bye bye apple.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ahhhhh another Apple luNatic that can't see the reality of all of it. Apple is great long live steve jobs! Pllllllease! My LS460 HAS 380 hp. And I paid 80k for that. Like I said....when a substitute comes out that is good....bye bye apple.

Err, I'm pretty much seen as rabidly anti-Apple, and I think Steve Jobs is a moron, but I bought the iPad knowing it didn't support Flash and I don't intend to spend my days whining about it. If something better comes along, I'll switch as well and until then I've got workarounds. But sure, maybe his PA will read your post and let Steve know of your outrage and things will change. Good luck with that.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Calling Steve a moron may make you feel better but he has his viewpoint and you yours, but it's no less relevant.
They made a load of decisions and assumptions when they finalised the design which are open to question over a year later.

I suspect he doesn't play many flash games and rarely watches online tv either.

We really expect too much from a first generation new device.
What will be interesting is the changes they make following user feedback.
Though the chances are they will mainly be hardware refinements with iPad2.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I suspect he doesn't play many flash games and rarely watches online tv either.

This is only a valid reason if Steve developed the iPad for himself and, much like someone that's made a fresh pot of coffee at the office, looked around and said "Hey, you guys want one too?"

We really expect too much from a first generation new device.
What will be interesting is the changes they make following user feedback.
Though the chances are they will mainly be hardware refinements with iPad2.

I don't see a lot of interest in user feedback from Apple. Their attitude is that if you see something as a shortcoming, you're doing it wrong (see Steve's infamous "So don't hold it like that" response to iPhone4 issues). Most of the changes made for 4.2.1 were to bring the iPad into line with other Apple products, rather than improvements. I'd love to hear about an example of Apple making a change to a product due to customer feedback - has someone got one?

aggie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes, you can play flash video on ipad, ipod, iphone, but you need to convert flash video to ipad, ipod, iphone converter with totally video converter. i have some experience on and i personally use PCHand Video Converter. this only share my idea.

lirt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard Flash To Video Encoder is a good app too for converting flash , anybody tried it?

ChochoD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard Flash To Video Encoder is a good app too for converting flash , anybody tried it?

It's not about watching saved flash movies. The main reason is to watch streaming media (online TVs for example) and playing flash games... So , converting is not a solution it these cases...

Most reactions

Latest posts