What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watch as Someone Jailbreaks an Apple Store iPad 2 Smart Sign!

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a note, these people are really giving bad publicity about us and I've experienced that before. Also what's giving us bad publicity is the fact that technically all jailbreakers pirate according to statistics which only occurs because most people get games/apps perhaps once a months while piraters get them every time they discover one.

Sent From my jailbroken interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
biobunny said:
As a note, these people are really giving bad publicity about us and I've experienced that before. Also what's giving us bad publicity is the fact that technically all jailbreakers pirate according to statistics which only occurs because most people get games/apps perhaps once a months while piraters get them every time they discover one.

That's quite a logical fallacy. Just because the mean average of pirated apps indicates 1+/jailbroken user doesn't mean every single jailbroken user is a pirate. That's like saying just because there's a (hypothetical) statistic of 1 pirated song for every person that listens to mp3s that each mp3 user is a pirate.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thewitt said:
Apple cannot stop you from jail breaking, however they can block access to the App Store and void your warranty - as well as block you from entering the iCloud with a jail broken device.

-t

Good point, blocking access to iCloud would be a simple matter, and the party might be completely over. ;) I certainly hope they don't decide to do this.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I really don't think that Apple will block jailbreakers (that rowdy crowd :) ) with iCloud, they know that they need them. Besides, they could have stopped them with iTunes had they really wanted to.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just be sure to listen to Jobs, you will get a feeling for his plans. I think that iCloud is definitely in the works, as it's integral to the future design for all information sharing - iTunes is dead...

-t

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Clarify please. Are you saying most people that JB are stealing software? Again, clarify; Bob tries not to e-put e-words in people's e-mouths. If that is the case, then we deserve the bad press because we are scoundrels to be sure.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not stating that every person that jailbreaks pirate, I'm just stating that jailbreaking statistics involving the percent on how many people pirate will always stay incorrect because piraters download pirated games every day compared to non-piraters who download new games less frequently. I'll be traveling today so I don't have much time to go to forums, so hopefully I made myself clear.

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
biobunny said:
I'm not stating that every person that jailbreaks pirate, I'm just stating that jailbreaking statistics involving the percent on how many people pirate will always stay incorrect because piraters download pirated games every day compared to non-piraters who download new games less frequently. I'll be traveling today so I don't have much time to go to forums, so hopefully I made myself clear.

I really don't understand what you're trying to say here. Sorry.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
biobunny said:

I really don't understand what you're trying to say here. Sorry.

He seems to be saying that those that steal IP are divided into two groups: regular abusers and the occasional abuser, and determining the percentage of scalawags is difficult. No difference in my view. If you shoplift daily or once a month, wrong is wrong.

Theft will always happen for any number of reasons. All bad, regardless of the self-justification. Every computer can DL stolen content, as everyone here knows full well.

What bothers me about the thing that started this thread is how us legitimate Jailbreakers will be viewed by the largely clueless general public. I told my brother about jail-breaking and his first reaction was not why, but a comment about stealing applications from the App Store.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Considering the high number of edited or deleted posts here from jail breakers on where to get or what pirated apps they have installed - and the topic is forbidden here so many will never try to talk about it - the evidence that jb and piracy are commonly associated pretty high...

-t

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For everyone who doesn't understand my statement, please ignore my last few posts please and let's stop the piracy talk I've started. I apologize to bring this subject here, sorry moderators.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For everyone who doesn't understand my statement, please ignore my last few posts please and let's stop the piracy talk I've started. I apologize to bring this subject here, sorry moderators.

No worries.:)

Back on topic please ~ discussion of piracy ends now.

Most reactions

Latest posts