What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watch a rented movie on my ipad 3 that was downloaded on my iphone?

keeley_young

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I rented a movie on my iPhone, but I want to watch it on my iPad 3. How do I get access to view the rented movie by using my iPad?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi keeled-of you already have it downloaded go the video app. It will be there.

OP
keeley_young

keeley_young

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just found this on the following website... Bad news for me :(

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1657

Can I play my rental on more than one device?

If you download a rented movie on your computer: You can transfer it to a device such as your Apple TV (1st generation), iPhone, iPad, or iPod if it’s a standard-definition film (movies in HD can only be watched on your computer, iPad, iPhone 4 or later, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV). Once you move the movie from your computer to a device, the movie will disappear from your computer's iTunes library. You can move the movie between devices as many times as you wish during the rental period, but the movie can only exist on one device at a time.
If you download a rented movie on your iPhone 4 or later, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV: It is not transferable to any other device or computer.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
keeley_young said:
I just found this on the following website... Bad news for me :(

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1657

Can I play my rental on more than one device?

If you download a rented movie on your computer: You can transfer it to a device such as your Apple TV (1st generation), iPhone, iPad, or iPod if it’s a standard-definition film (movies in HD can only be watched on your computer, iPad, iPhone 4 or later, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV). Once you move the movie from your computer to a device, the movie will disappear from your computer's iTunes library. You can move the movie between devices as many times as you wish during the rental period, but the movie can only exist on one device at a time.
If you download a rented movie on your iPhone 4 or later, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV: It is not transferable to any other device or computer.

Keely-have you DL it to another device first. If you have it on your computer-you can sync it to your iPad. Only one mobile device per rental.

Most reactions

Latest posts