What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WANTED: External Microphone for better recording of lectures

Hal05154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone used an external microphone with the ipad? I've seen numerous quotes on using one with and iPod. I even saw one site that said there was NOT a microphone for the iPad!

If you know otherwise and have a suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks,

Hal

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Samson G Track mic and it works great. However, I still have iOS 3.2.2, if you have iOS 4.2.x it may not work, saying it draws to much current. A work around may be and external self powered USB hub, won't know until I update to iOS4.x.x if that will work. Take the iPad and and external powered USB hub with you when you go shopping for the mic and try it out.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found one!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sony-ECMHW1-Microphone-DVR-DVD405-Camcorders/dp/B000EC8WEU]Amazon.com: Sony ECMHW1 Bluetooth Wireless Microphone for DVR-DVD405, 505, HDR-SR1, UX1 & DCR-SR60, SR80, SR100 Camcorders: Camera & Photo[/ame]

Jonchick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jonchick said:
Where did you find your Bluetooth microphone? I am looking for a microphone
I want to be able to record lectures with an app like notes plus while taking notes and be able to sync them up but the mic on the iPad sucks. Any products out there that will help me?? Thanks!!

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jonchick said:
I want to be able to record lectures with an app like notes plus while taking notes and be able to sync them up but the mic on the iPad sucks. Any products out there that will help me?? Thanks!!

Look up a few posts. Amazon.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts