What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want to view webcams online

CurryAssassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody. I would like to view some live webcams on websites but every time I select one nothing happens. Is it possible to view live webcams on line with iPad1 or do I need a new App? cheers.

Ogonzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which browser you using? His could be a flash issue. Download and try Skyfire.
Good luck!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - I have an iPad1 and I have no problem viewing webcams but, as the last poster suggested, some use Flash content that the native iPad Safari browser cannot render. There are third-party browsers though that 'sort of' handle Flash by hosting this content on the company's server. There are several 'lite' versions available too. Another browser is iSwifter or Puffin - but there are lots.

Tim

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can view my DLink security camera using a dedicated DLink app, not actually from DLink I must add.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ogonzo said:
Which browser you using? His could be a flash issue. Download and try Skyfire.
Good luck!

Cheers. Download to what from where please?

On your iPad click on the App Store icon on the Home page. Use the search box to look for Skyfire, iSwifter, Puffin etc and then, if you like them, click on the Purchase button and it will download and install on your iPad.

There's a free 'try before you buy' version of iSwifter, so you can give that a try with no commitment.

It's easier and quicker to download apps directly to your iPad rather than going the PC/iTunes sync route. Of course, your iPad needs to be connected to the Internet to be able to do this but it's very quick and convenient. If you don't like the app, you can simply delete it and try another (and as many as you like if they're the free, try-before-you-buy, versions). Once you've decided the app is right for you, you'll be able either to purchase the full version or do an in-app upgrade. Usually the free versions have a limited viewing time - say 5 minutes - before they quit. The full versions, of course, don't have that restriction.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okeydokey. Now we're talkin. Me try it out. Ta muchly.

One last issue - even if you want to download a free app, you still have to press the 'Purchase' button, which leads some people to think they'll be charged. That 'Purchase' button - even for a free app - is a 'feature' of the App Store. If it says it's free, you won't be charged - in effect it's charging you nothing.....:D

Tim

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody. I would like to view some live webcams on websites but every time I select one nothing happens. Is it possible to view live webcams on line with iPad1 or do I need a new App? cheers.

Go to the app store and put a search in for cams. There are several of them there. There is one called ispy. They give access to many cams all over the world.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are several of them there. There is one called ispy. They give access to many cams all over the world.

This app will also allow you to add your camera for your viewing. A similar app also is livecam.

Most reactions

Latest posts