What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want to use my IPAD in Italy

dcmim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my wife and i are going next week with a tour. we are going to Rome, Florence, and Venice. I was thinking of using Tre... is it at the airport in Rome? thanks!

You can only get to the one at the airport as you are departing Rome. there is one in the train station. Worth the trip.

Streetbranch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question for godcape/P&P/anyone else....

I am going to be traveling through Italy in June for two weeks and I have read up on all of your information about getting SIM cards for Ipads. I was curious if you had any info about getting a Wifi hotspot like the Webpocket from Tre (tre. it / prodotti / webpocket). Both my wife and I have Iphones and we also have an Ipad (wifi) and I thought it would be a lot easier to get something like the webpocket that we can use with all of the devices. Do you have any info on what the rates are to use a webpocket (or similar device)? Do you know how much it would cost to buy the webpocket (the physical device)? Can you rent them? Can you buy them cheap online somewhere? We are flying in and out of Milan and visiting Lake Como, Venice, Rome, Tuscany, and Cinque Terra. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

kustard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excellent information.

I will also be in Italy in August and I am thinking about taking my 3G iPad too. Little wary of travelling with it because I am scared my baby will get damaged/lost/stolen. However, am definatley considering it. This is very helpful to me!

Njst27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wifi usage in Italy

I am from the US, going to Capri, Italy in a few weeks. I have a WiFi IPad , and the hotel has wifi. Will my iPad work? Do I need to do anything?

Alessio.bacin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wellcome Italy is not so dangerous except for south... Just keep your bags safe only in that case... About wifi... No problem

xochipillitzin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Above comment is typical from locals, they're quite anxious about crime, which i have yet not experienced.

However, WiFi connections are scarce indeed, compared to most other places I've been.

4knights

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all, new to the IPad and Italy. We leave for Rome next week and just remembered we don't know how we are going to charge our US 110 volt IPad while there. Any and all information will be a huge help as all the travel plans are on this thing
Thanks
Ron

xochipillitzin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad charger works from 100-220V,you can read it on it.
If you haven't planned for eating yet:
RISTORANTE ORSO 80 - VIA DELL'ORSO 33 Roma Tel. 06/6864904 - 6861710 Luned chiuso per riposo settimanale
This is the real deal,esp. the antipasti...

This reply amounts to spam, imho. Yes, italian food is good, get over it.

To quickly reply the charger issue: yes Apple chargers work from the box.
You will need an adaptor, available at any electronics department store €3.

Kappi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for calling me spam.
Just sitting here in Toskana and tried to be helpful, because theres a lot of touritraps in Rome.
Btw. Most hotels supply adapters and the japanese 2plug of the iPadcharger fits in the italian wallmounts,most of the time.
So don't spam adapters :)
Kappi
Germany

4knights

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info I found my glasses and was able to read the 110/220 on the charger I have and actually had the 2pin plug from my time in Germany. Were is toskana? Were staying on the east side of Rome in a hostel. A lot cheaper than places on the west side near the attractions. Any suggestions for type of transit pass to purchase?

xochipillitzin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
roma pass if available.

no offense kappi, but this is an ipad forum. an occasional digression if in good taste is always welcome, but its easy to loose focus and end up talking about ducks in holland.

Last edited:

Kappi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
xochipillitzin said:
roma pass if available.

no offense kappi, but this is an ipad forum. an occasional digression if in good taste is always welcome, but its easy to loose focus and end up talking about ducks in holland.

Ok got it :) Peace!

bcwolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having trouble in italy I haven't been able to activate the tre sim it shows I am on the network. The store clerk told me it would be ready next morning. It is past 48 hours. Any ideas?

Most reactions

Latest posts