What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want to JB my new IPad, need some help

Alucard77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a new IPad 1 today and would love to Jailbreak it so I can dl vlc player and finally stop encoding movies.

The IPad I just bought is IoS 3.2 and it is prompting me to update to 4.3.3 which I see has not been jailbroken yet.

I am brand spanking new to this and have been reading the sticky's. The Redsnow sticky said that if I don't update to the newest and greatest I am sol.

Is there nothing I can do at this point to JB? I saw someone else mentioning restoring to a higher version. Any help on these items would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I read an article today that said that the 4.3.3 update did not prevent the 4.3.2 jailbreak method. But the article did recommend waiting until the redsnow tools had been updated, which should not take long.

And that is all I know.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just sit tight for a few days. I expect updated tools to be released very soon. I would recommend you upgrade to 4.3.3 to prepare yourself now.
IMHO there is very little reason for you to try and do anything with 3.2. It really is too old now.

OP
A

Alucard77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Ipad 1. Sorry for not mentioning it earlier.

So basically at this point, I need to wait until 4.3.3 Jailbreak is complete? If so, not a big deal, I just didn't want to spin my wheels if there was nothing I could do.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Alucard77 said:
I have the Ipad 1. Sorry for not mentioning it earlier.

So basically at this point, I need to wait until 4.3.3 Jailbreak is complete? If so, not a big deal, I just didn't want to spin my wheels if there was nothing I could do.

I've just posted in the Hacking Section that the 4.3.3 jailbreaks are released. So go ahead. Read the stickies in there and follow one of the tutorials...

Most reactions

Latest posts