What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want to JB, but still running iOS 4.2.1. Got some SHSH errors.

Anil_Trinidad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had only upgraded to 4.2.1 some time ago, and never upgraded to the latest and greatest (4.3.2). Now I want to JB, but I gathered that in order to keep 4.2.1 I needed to have the SHSH blob for that iOS. So I tried to save SHSH in Tuny Umbrella. It managed to save a SHSH file named iPad 4.3.2 (8H7). However, when I go to the Log tab, there are a number of errors, saying I'm too late.

Is it really that I'm too late, and I must upgrade to 4.3.2 in order to get the right SHSH blob? I know I could probably JB without the SHSH for 4.2.1, but I wouldn't be able to go back if I wanted to...

Any advice? Thanks.

Reaction score
I see no reason, why you couldn't just upgrade to 4.3.2 and the jb.

As to saving SHSH blobs, yes, it is too late to save them for 4.2.1.

Of course, you could just jb now and if you want to go back, upgrade to 4.3.2 stock firmware. Not sure, what you have against that version, it certainly doesn't bite. ;)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
I see no reason, why you couldn't just upgrade to 4.3.2 and the jb.

As to saving SHSH blobs, yes, it is too late to save them for 4.2.1.

Of course, you could just jb now and if you want to go back, upgrade to 4.3.2 stock firmware. Not sure, what you have against that version, it certainly doesn't bite. ;)

Totally agree. There are very few reasons not to be on 4.3.2 now, particularly as you are not yet JB and have no blobs. Make sure you read all the stickies in this section!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I need to do this, don't I? Then re JB? I so forget where I am with this!:eek:

Yes, you do Marie. We need to get you off 4.3. No panic, but we should do it.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Yes, you do Marie. We need to get you off 4.3. No panic, but we should do it.

Really?

From reading the jb thread, did it appear, as if SP went with the 4.3.2 tethered and than later untethered jb. I may have mixed up the version numbers though.

I haven't done that part yet. And I am still on 4.3.

I think. Right, Leigh?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Really?

From reading the jb thread, did it appear, as if SP went with the 4.3.2 tethered and than later untethered jb. I may have mixed up the version numbers though.

Don't, if you want to step up to the plate and help Marie with her upgrade, be my guest! I like to share... Should be easy as Marie has the redsn0w and DFU process nailed!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really?

Don't, if you want to step up to the plate and help Marie with her upgrade, be my guest! I like to share... Should be easy as Marie has the redsn0w and DFU process nailed!

umm...No No No. Trying to get rid of me, Leigh?:(

Most reactions