What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want to do Update but no wifi to install

Hcsg01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to install the latest update on my new ipad2 - but it says I need wifi. I don't have access to wifi (use 3G for a access). Any thoughts. Any issues if I don't install the update my iPad is version 5.0? Thanks

JezzerP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.design-79.co.uk
Did your iPad come with iOS 5? If it didn't, how did you upgrade it originally? The latest upgrade is not vital for iPad 2, being aimed more at iPad 1 users to give them gestures, and iPhone 4s users with battery life issues.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I want to install the latest update on my new ipad2 - but it says I need wifi. I don't have access to wifi (use 3G for a access). Any thoughts. Any issues if I don't install the update my iPad is version 5.0? Thanks

Well, from your initial post, you do not have iOS 5 on your iPad at present? If so and if you want to upgrade to the newest OS, then you will first need to update iTunes on your computer to v. 10.5, then you will need a cabled connection from your iPad (presumably w/ an older iOS) to your computer w/ the updated iTunes program; iTunes should then offer you to upgrade to the iPad to iOS 5 - if this is unclear and/or does not answer your question, please post back w/ a more specific question - good luck! :)

OP
H

Hcsg01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for this -my ipad2 came withios5 so from what you have said I am not really the target for the update. This is good as everything is working well (only week 2) so am happy I can leave well enough alone. Many thanks for the info:)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks so much for this -my ipad2 came withios5 so from what you have said I am not really the target for the update. This is good as everything is working well (only week 2) so am happy I can leave well enough alone. Many thanks for the info:)

OK - I was uncertain from your OP what iOS version was on your iPad2 - you've clarified that it is iOS 5, so you're good to go! For those reading this thread and have not upgraded to this latest iOS, then check out the new features HERE - :)

Most reactions

Latest posts