What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want to delete songs

TammysPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone...I have a lot of songs downloaded on my iPad 1. Yesterday I got a iPhone 3G. Some how they all ended up on it. So would like to know is there any way I can delete a bunch off both "I"s. Thank for any help!

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You need to choose when connected to itunes what you want to sync.

Personally with multiple devices, I find the easiest way is to setup a playlist for each device and only sync the relevant playlist to said device.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly...playlists are the key. I have one set of playlists for my iPad and a another (smaller) set for my iPhone. More on setting up playlists here:

iTunes 10 for Mac: Playlist overview

Once you've created your playlists connect your iPad or iPhone to your computer, open iTunes (if it doesn't open automatically), click on your device in the left-hand menu and click on "Music" at the top of the page. Then click the "Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres" radio button. Below that check the boxes next to the appropriate playlists. Click on the "Apply" button at the bottom. The first time you may get a popup message asking if you want to remove the existing music on your device, click okay and let it sync. Done!

BTW, when you sync your iPad or iPhone, on the Summary page, you can check "Convert higher bit rate songs to 128 kbps AAC". This will reduce the size of the music files and allow you to store more songs. I'm a bit of an audiophile so I was leery of doing that but I found that even with very good headphones the quality was still more than acceptable and I can carry around a LOT more music!

Hope that helps and enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
TammysPad

TammysPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
Exactly...playlists are the key. I have one set of playlists for my iPad and a another (smaller) set for my iPhone. More on setting up playlists here:

Once you've created your playlists connect your iPad or iPhone to your computer, open iTunes (if it doesn't open automatically), click on your device in the left-hand menu and click on "Music" at the top of the page. Then click the "Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres" radio button. Below that check the boxes next to the appropriate playlists. Click on the "Apply" button at the bottom. The first time you may get a popup message asking if you want to remove the existing music on your device, click okay and let it sync. Done!

BTW, when you sync your iPad or iPhone, on the Summary page, you can check "Convert higher bit rate songs to 128 kbps AAC". This will reduce the size of the music files and allow you to store more songs. I'm a bit of an audiophile so I was leery of doing that but I found that even with very good headphones the quality was still more than acceptable and I can carry around a LOT more music!

Thank you very much. Big help. Easy to understand now. Grand is not allowed to "test,buy" download songs anymore.
I hated to see what else she was testing out!
Again thanks Rich
Tammy from TammysPad

Last edited by a moderator:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:

Once you've created your playlists connect your iPad or iPhone to your computer, open iTunes (if it doesn't open automatically), click on your device in the left-hand menu and click on "Music" at the top of the page. Then click the "Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres" radio button. Below that check the boxes next to the appropriate playlists. Click on the "Apply" button at the bottom. The first time you'll may a popup message asking if you want to remove the existing music on your device, click okay and let it sync. Done!

BTW, when you sync your iPad or iPhone, on the Summary page, you can check "Convert higher bit rate songs to 128 kbps AAC". This will reduce the size of the music files and allow you to store more songs. I'm a bit of an audio file so I was leery of doing that but I found that even with very good headphones the quality was still more than acceptable and I can carry around a LOT more music!

Thank you very much. Big help. Easy to understand now. Grand is not allowed to "test,buy" download songs anymore.
I hated to see what else she was testing out!
Again thanks Rich
Tammy from TammysPad
My pleasure! (Embarrassing typos in my post though. :eek: I went back and fixed them...must have been a little sleepy when I wrote that!)

Enjoy! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts