What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want Opinion on Scanning App

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am looking for a scanning app for photo/documents and I see quite a few out there. My question is; who has a scanner app and how well do you like it? Does it work well? Features?

Cheers, Dan

Rends

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a HP 6500 and use the HP scan&biz app and also use Vuescan.while you can scan images and documents (pdf files) with both apps only vuescan allows to save the pdf in any other pdf supporting app. The HP app scan images that can be copied into the photo album but the pdf docs can only be printed nothing else. The HP app is faster because it use a preview scan function before scanning the hires image. Quality wise both apps do the same. There are not much features in the apps except scanning images or pdfs . You can select the part you want to scan or full image. You can also select low mid or hires scan but i don't know what it means in dpi.
Hope this helps.

OP
dstuttgen

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a HP 6500 and use the HP scan&biz app and also use Vuescan.while you can scan images and documents (pdf files) with both apps only vuescan allows to save the pdf in any other pdf supporting app. The HP app scan images that can be copied into the photo album but the pdf docs can only be printed nothing else. The HP app is faster because it use a preview scan function before scanning the hires image. Quality wise both apps do the same. There are not much features in the apps except scanning images or pdfs . You can select the part you want to scan or full image. You can also select low mid or hires scan but i don't know what it means in dpi.
Hope this helps.

I'm actually looking for a good scanner app where I can scan using the ipad camera and then edit if necessary and save to dropbox, iphoto or the like.
Anybody have an app like that and would care to share your thoughts...good or ill?

Thanks, Dan

OP
dstuttgen

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a HP 6500 and use the HP scan&biz app and also use Vuescan.
Hope this helps.

I'll check out these apps, thanx

Cheers, Dan

Addendum: Vuescan is nice. But i need an app that I can scan with only my ipad when I am not at home. Something like the camscan app on my Samsung Galaxy S.

Last edited:

Giant Pilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Readdle Scanner Pro for iPhone, works good but I have heard that the iPad version only works on the New iPad (improved camera), because the iPad 2 had a crappy camera, scanning is not that great.

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rends said:
Hope this helps.

This is interesting! Got to try this. Thanks for the info.

OP
dstuttgen

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. I went with Scanner Pro for iPad scanning and VueScan for scanning from my printer all in one to my iPad.

Cheers, Dan

Most reactions

Latest posts