What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walmart To Start Selling the iPad Next Week

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

MacRumors reports today that Walmart will be stocking the iPad from the beginning of next week, rolling it out to 1,000 stores by the end of October, with approximately 800 more stores to get the device by early November. According to MacRumors, in-store promotional displays will include a live demo unit complete with a looping video presentation of the iPad’s finer points. MacRumors was initially alerted to the story when it was sent a copy of an email that Walmart sent to its store managers describing the iPad models and types of accessories that each store would be stocking. As MacRumors points out, this is another great move for Apple as Walmart currently has more than 2,800 “Supercenter†stores in the U.S. as well as 750 smaller stores. If all of Walmart’s available stores ended up stocking the iPad, it would really help to cement the iPad’s reach and growth across the nation.

Source: MacRumors

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No surprise here...they already carry all the other iDevices. Won't be any discount on it, but you can buy it on layaway....yee haw!!

Maybe they will actually start carrying iPad accessories.

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hope with that comes a wide assortment of cases too.
Future Shop and Best Buy only sell the trademark iPad case.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hope with that comes a wide assortment of cases too.
Future Shop and Best Buy only sell the trademark iPad case.
Not in my town, Future Shop has at least 15 models from Griffin, Frogz and others I dont remember. Have you tried asking? Maybe if you changed store address?

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No surprise here...they already carry all the other iDevices. Won't be any discount on it, but you can buy it on layaway....yee haw!!

Our Walmart, and I thought all others, stopped layaway a few years ago.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Our Walmart, and I thought all others, stopped layaway a few years ago.

I don't know...I just figured there had to be some logical reason to buy something there that restricts reduced pricing.

Panamera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't wait until they're for sale at Wal-Mart! (My local Target already has them as well)

Most reactions

Latest posts