What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wallpapers for individual pages

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to assign a different wallpaper to each of the 11 home screens? I need to do something to make it easier to find my apps until folders get here.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also wish there was a way to do this!

BTW Charlie, even though you don't have a rig, you can still download the free EchoLink app. I am an "old school" (20wpm) Extra and I never thought I would ever use EchoLink... ever! But then I got an iPad!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use any graphic you want from any source for the background and lock screen at no cost.

OP
K

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kc2ped said:
Is there a way to assign a different wallpaper to each of the 11 home screens? I need to do something to make it easier to find my apps until folders get here.

I have found a solution that meets my needs.

With 4.2 I started putting similar apps into folders then I started putting folders with similar themes on different pages. But it was still hard to locate what I wanted with folders of several themes on a page.

Then I remembered a 3.x tip I saw somewhere for putting blank icons at the bottom of home pages to force other apps onto the next page and decided it would work for me.

In Safari I search Google Images for a picture of something that will jog my memory of what is in the subsequent folders -- a graph for productivity, a cop for security, etc.

I pick the largest image that will fit on a portrait screen and zoom in on it until it fills the width of the screen.

Next I tap the Action button (box with an arrow) to the left of the address box and select Add to Home Screen.

I rename the item to the name of the theme I am trying to identify and press Add.

Bach on my home screen I search for the link I just created and drag it to the beginning to the string of folders I am identifying.

All of my apps are in folders so these links really stand out by contrast. And since I don't let themes span pages there is always a link in the upper left corner which jogs my memory about what themes are on that page.

If I accidentally click on one of the links it just launches Safari and takes me to the graphic I used to create the link which I then close and open the folder following it that has the app I was looking for.

This has made finding apps a lot easier.

Kendo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why don't you just type the name of the app you are looking for, on the search page?

OP
K

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kendo said:
Why don't you just type the name of the app you are looking for, on the search page?

I guess I am more of a visual person. I remember what the icon looks like but not the app name. And even if I could remember names I have over 700 apps so would never get the right one when there are several that do the same thing but differently.
What would be useful would be the capability of assigning names to pages and then being able to search for those names and also folder names. But steve knows I don't really want to do something like that.

Most reactions

Latest posts