What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wallpaper changer

Kevin W

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it's a real shame that apple wont open the doors on this, maybe one day....

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know anything about programming these things but if a calendar alarm can be made to sound an alarm it seems like you should be able to extend it to trigger an action in the program sending the alarm.

jacson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A Trojan virus is faulty computer program that can infect remote computers by changing the desktop or deleting important files. Generally called a Trojan Horse, it appears as a legitimate file or software from a trusted source, therefore tricking users into opening it or downloading it. Take action and protect your personal computer files by learning to delete this Trojan virus.

tnbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was hoping a program like this could be found on the Apple apps store.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tnbug said:
I was hoping a program like this could be found on the Apple apps store.

Apple doesn't allow anything on the app store that changes system stuff.

iPad 16gb Wi-Fi 4.2.1 jailbroken untethered

Kevin W

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe with the iPad 2s increased memory this will no longer be the issue, memory is an issue right now

dj.cicho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Memory!? I have had software like that on my old Cassiopeia E-125 with windows mobile 2000!!! I am suprised that nobody made program like that yet.
Is it really impossible to code/implement?

Kevin W

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like greyshark said, apple doesnt allow anything on the app store that will alter any system changes

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3DwallpaperPro said:
Like greyshark said, apple doesnt allow anything on the app store that will alter any system changes

Exactly. Do you know of any app on the app store that doesn't can do more than use wifi, Bluetooth, or the screen? There are none. Apple's restrictions are way too tight. And a wallpaper changer won't eat up memory. I used to have my iPad do that and it ran the same.

Last edited:

dj.cicho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not good then. I don't want to Jailbreak my iPad. I am not sure if it help. Anyway, looking forward to see apps changing wallpapers automatically. And thanks for explanation.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dj.cicho said:
Not good then. I don't want to Jailbreak my iPad. I am not sure if it help. Anyway, looking forward to see apps changing wallpapers automatically. And thanks for explanation.

I had my ipad for 2 weeks and then realized that my windows computer could do the same and more. But then I learned about jailbreaking, and bam! I absolutely love my jailbroken iPad and would choose it over any laptop any day.

dj.cicho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am gonna read/write and watch, No jailbreak needed. But who knows.... maybe one day?

How about making "photoframe" working in the background? That could change wallpaper every so often? Is it possible?

Most reactions